Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like NEL coils are not common here and detech are the "name brade" of coils. Which have you used or if both which better and why. I'm thinking about getting the 13" ultimate or a nel tornado. Kinda torn. Any input on any nel model or a side by side comparisons if you've used both.
I had a 13" Ultimate on my Sov GT and an Etrac. It was the great setup on the GT for wet sand beach detecting. The balance was perfect, deep seeking and sensitive to small targets. I used one on the Etrac one time and the balance was so bad I never used it again. Just google search 13" Ultimate and you will see dozens of good comparisons from many other forums and websites. Good luck, Walt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 13" Ultimate on my Sov GT and an Etrac. It was the great setup on the GT for wet sand beach detecting. The balance was perfect, deep seeking and sensitive to small targets. I used one on the Etrac one time and the balance was so bad I never used it again. Just google search 13" Ultimate and you will see dozens of good comparisons from many other forums and websites. Good luck, Walt

I also had the 13" ultimate on one of my excals, it was good but I tried the SEF Butterfly coils and liked them better so I switched. I have both 12x15 and 15x18 SEF Butterfly coils and a WOT coil....

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know I'm for any sef coil there is out there I like the way there built, how they feel how they react to power lines,underground lines,depth,separation all good I prefer over concentric,& dd coils

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To me the SEF coils are hands down the best coil to put on a machine. I have the 10x12 SEF coil on my MXT PRO and found coins much deeper than the 6x10 or the D2 coils and great separation in trashy areas.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me the SEF coils are hands down the best coil to put on a machine. I have the 10x12 SEF coil on my MXT PRO and found coins much deeper than the 6x10 or the D2 coils and great separation in trashy areas.

+1 on that, I've had the same experiences aswell

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all know I'm for any sef coil there is out there I like the way there built, how they feel how they react to power lines,underground lines,depth,separation all good I prefer over concentric,& dd coils
Aren't SEF coils a type of dd coil?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All SEF Butterfly search coils have an unusual blunted shape to the front and back of each coil resulting in greater depth and a wider searching scan letting you cover more ground in less time resulting in more "finds". What does an Excelerator SEF Coil do? It creates a Symmetrical E lectromagnetic Field uniquely combining both DD ( Double D) and Concentric detection signals resulting in your detector getting the best sensitivity of both types plus greater depth!

T

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
So no Input on the NELs like the tornado or storm. Any used or seen them used first hand.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I am using a garrett ace but I would like any input from any machine. And before I hear the put that money into a new detector. It was a gift I am very happy with it. If I wanted to buy an e-trac or at pro I would. I'm just looking for a new coil to play around with. Better coverage, extra depth, more stable. (sorry for the rant, I have plenty of money but it doesn't mean I want to get a new detector. And it was a gift from my wife which means even more.)

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
And it seems like I can never get an answer because that's what everyone gets hung up on.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well to be honest I've used the concentric,used dd used sef have not used any others but if ud like to see them being used there are people making videos using the nel coils on some whites coinmasters, & some minelabes & other machines aswell, I do know u can get the sef for ur ace I've seen those I do believe there's even a couple used ones on ebay, but back to question at hand about the nel line go to YouTube just put in nel coils on metal detectors I'm sure there are people doin comparisons to other brands & styles

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All SEF Butterfly search coils have an unusual blunted shape to the front and back of each coil resulting in greater depth and a wider searching scan letting you cover more ground in less time resulting in more "finds". What does an Excelerator SEF Coil do? It creates a Symmetrical E lectromagnetic Field uniquely combining both DD ( Double D) and Concentric detection signals resulting in your detector getting the best sensitivity of both types plus greater depth!

T

You just taught me something Christo, thanks.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey cool, ya know ill be the first to say I'm not a know it all, I don't know everything but I do know some stuff & if I can help anyone ill try my hardest, glad I could help hh all

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering the same about the NEL coilw too. Buddy has the ultimate coil.on his etrac and loves it. Not sure what path I wanna go for my safari.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I ended up going with the NEL storm, should be here Thursday.

How is the sharpshooter. Does it have any better separation then the larger dd. Also how does it compair to the sniper coils out there in trashy areas. Or have you used those types at all.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering the same about the NEL coilw too. Buddy has the ultimate coil.on his etrac and loves it. Not sure what path I wanna go for my safari.
I tried a 13" Ultimate on my Etrac and absolutely hated it. The balance is pretty bad with the 11" Procoil, but with the 13" it was really bad. Ask your buddy if you can swing his for 30 mins, maybe you'll like it. I knew after about 10 mins I wasn't going to like the balance. I have picked up a Sunray X-8 and X-5 and really like both coils. The X-8 will do fine in 90% of trashy areas I hunt and the balance of the machine is much better. I've only used the X-5 a couple times, so can't comment a whole lot on it. Good luck & HH!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried a 13" Ultimate on my Etrac and absolutely hated it. The balance is pretty bad with the 11" Procoil, but with the 13" it was really bad. Ask your buddy if you can swing his for 30 mins, maybe you'll like it. I knew after about 10 mins I wasn't going to like the balance. I have picked up a Sunray X-8 and X-5 and really like both coils. The X-8 will do fine in 90% of trashy areas I hunt and the balance of the machine is much better. I've only used the X-5 a couple times, so can't comment a whole lot on it. Good luck & HH!

That's the only coil he swings on that machine, unless he's woods hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread