falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay I have been about 99% sold on the AT Pro and still more likely that's what I'm going with but now I am looking at One More Option before I pull the trigger!

I am starting to read more about this Fisher F70 since it's in my 500-600 dollars give or take range (please no comment saying "go with a F75 etc. etc. or anything else" all of those will be well out of my price towards the 1K range and I am not going there on this first purchase). The AT Pro will still be about 100 bucks cheaper overall on the deal I am getting But I want to see if there is Anything at all that may be worth the extra premium on the F70 over the ATP.

I am going to list the "DD" coil version of the Fisher F70 as I would assume that is the newer and better version then the original without the DD coil correct?

So I will keep this short and sweet .... what are the Pros and Cons to each of these units based on what you have heard, seen, read or more then anything else personally used side by side??? .......

Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

Vs.

Fisher F70 "DD"
Fisher F70 DD Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors

(Non DD ---- Fisher F70 Metal Detector For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors) .... this is not the one to get if you are going to buy a F70 correct?

:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure if you know this but at the bottom of the Kellyco page is a link to compare detectors. It a pretty quick way to look at the specs on different machines. Here: Kellyco Metal Detector Comparison Good luck in your decision.

OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if you know this but at the bottom of the Kellyco page is a link to compare detectors. It a pretty quick way to look at the specs on different machines. Here: Kellyco Metal Detector Comparison Good luck in your decision.

Thats a handy little tool right there! Thanks for that link.

That helps with the specs but I would still like some real world feedback for sure.

But very cool caparison chart ... found many thing I wanted to know about them that's for sure. :)

Couple I see that catch my eye ...........

Weight: ATP is a little heavier at 3.3 compared to F70's 2.9 lbs.
Headphone Jack: ATP is waterproof and F70 is regular 1/4" (due to the ATP being a waterproof All Terrain rig) ATP limits options though I think.
Frequency: ATP is 15 khz and F70 is 13 khz (not sure what this means)
Warranty: ATP 2 years ... F70 5 years (I like more warranty but not a big deal most of the time)
Arm Rest Strap: ATP has it F70 does not (but I assume one can be added .. why would they not add this?)
Search Modes: ATP has 6 total, 3 of the same modes but each for Standard Or Pro Mode .... F70 has 5 modes but all different (Disc, Auto Tune, Prog1, Prog2, Pinpoint) ... which is better here?
Number Of Target ID Segments: What exactly does this mean? Can anyone elaborate further?
Exclusive Features: ATP has 6 listed (Pro Audio Mode, Tone Roll Mode, Iron Audio, Fast Track, High-Res Iron, Waterproof) and the F70 ony has 1 listed (Ground Grab) Looks like ATP carries more cool features over the standard F70 basic features.

These were the only ones that stood out and different from each other on the KellyCo specs comparison.

Can anyone elaborate further on these and what they all may mean???

Thanks so much. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most all Youtube videos I find for the F70 are like in Russian or something.

Not a lot of info and or video reviews on this Fisher ... I like how there is an ENDLESS supply of AT Pro videos etc. etc. available.

Support is and overall use seems to weigh Ver Very Heavily for the ATP.

Like I said I am basically sold on the Garrett just want to make sure I not missing something before I do is all .... and after further reading and searching I can;t find much to support the F70 as being any better really seems like.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F70 was made after the T2 and F75. Should say a little about the machine. The ATP is going to be a proven machine as many are sold and advertised by the online reality shows. I hope you can find a club near you so you can see the machines first before you buy. I also would check your local areas laws on detecting as I have a friend south of you who was upset he could not detect in his town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions