Deus vs Nexus Standard MkII vs Minelab Explorer SE vs AKA Sorex

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the one with a coil twice the size of the others performed better. Shocking!

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the one with a coil twice the size of the others performed better. Shocking!
Actually the Minelab is with the largest coil on this test and seems to have done just as nothing as the other detectors with smaller coils.
I would be curious if you could point to any other test where the Deus or any other detector can show anything near this results with MkII even with bigger coil since your note is about the coil size. PI or IB alike.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dual 9's is not larger than a single 14"? Interesting.

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dual 9" does not equal 9" x 2, because the two loops overlap. So the math is quite simple.
The surface area of each loop of the dual 9" coil will be 63.585 square inches. They overlap by a factor 4.75, which means 1/4.75th part of the surface area of one loop will be deducted from the total calculation. 1/4,75th part equals 12.717 square inches.
63.585 - 12.717 = 50.868 + 63.585 = 114.453 square inches is the total surface area of the dual 9" search coil that MkII is using.
The 14" coil that Minelab is using have 153.86 square inches of total surface area, which in percentage difference is 25.61% larger surface area than the dual 9" coil.

The fact here is that the Nexus coils are resonant tuned. Now this may not mean much to anyone, but in simple terms means Toyota Yaris engine against a Ferrari engine.
The Science page in the Nexus web site explains a lot about this if anyone would bother reading.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mmmmhhhh sounds like someone who just doesn't like anything & nothing is better then his nexus

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mmmmhhhh sounds like someone who just doesn't like anything & nothing is better then his nexus
Or perhaps you can tell to everyone here who are you working for.
If the facts mean nothing to you what is there to talk about then?

This someone have changed a mountain of detectors for the past 30 years. Believe it or not they just didn't measure up to what I got now. Unless of course we couldn't discount the digital displays.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dual 9" does not equal 9" x 2, because the two loops overlap. So the math is quite simple.
The surface area of each loop of the dual 9" coil will be 63.585 square inches. They overlap by a factor 4.75, which means 1/4.75th part of the surface area of one loop will be deducted from the total calculation. 1/4,75th part equals 12.717 square inches.
63.585 - 12.717 = 50.868 + 63.585 = 114.453 square inches is the total surface area of the dual 9" search coil that MkII is using.
The 14" coil that Minelab is using have 153.86 square inches of total surface area, which in percentage difference is 25.61% larger surface area than the dual 9" coil.

The fact here is that the Nexus coils are resonant tuned. Now this may not mean much to anyone, but in simple terms means Toyota Yaris engine against a Ferrari engine.
The Science page in the Nexus web site explains a lot about this if anyone would bother reading.

Good luck on your sales!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I don't work for anyone, I enjoy a good hobby, & I just know like most others there isn't any detector out there that will beat everyone thrown up against it in every element, there made differently for a reason same as tools,cars,homes,everything has a place to be used & excel differently, someplace u may need a multi frequency some a single

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I don't work for anyone, I enjoy a good hobby, & I just know like most others there isn't any detector out there that will beat everyone thrown up against it in every element, there made differently for a reason same as tools,cars,homes,everything has a place to be used & excel differently, someplace u may need a multi frequency some a single

500 years ago everyone thought the Earth was flat.
Back then most refused to listen to science, because they knew "everything".
You see this video and there are number of other videos on You Tube showing the same thing over and over. The depth of Nexus older and newer.

Do you really think that Nexus company was founded especially to crook you out of your way of life with their false claims?

It is not Nexus that beats the rest, because Nexus is just another company. It is the resonance tune that all other companies refuse to manufacture and supply to folks, because it is far more profitable to sell the average performers (non resonant detectors) than the real stuff.
I do some hobby projects my self and to be honest when got to the resonance stuff hit a rock solid bottom. I couldn't get trough with my resonance experiments, but I thought I would.

Let me ask you this.
If there cars that completely outperform other cars, why no detectors? What makes it so difficult to believe it?

Someone said. If you tell a lie a thousand time it becomes the truth. This is what most companies have been doing. Lying non stop, big marketing, big movies all for the same detectors.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You keep saying the same thing! Who you trying to convince?

If they are that good, the consuming public will come around (provided they offer good customer service). Then you can "nanna nanna boo boo" everyone!

I'll put my money elsewhere for now! Good luck!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the resonant frequency? Send it over and let me do impact testing to confirm what it actually is. This sounds pretty interesting. I read about this somewhere online as being cutting edge technology back several years ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If they are that good, the consuming public will come around (provided they offer good customer service). Then you can "nanna nanna boo boo" everyone!

Bently cars iare that good, one of the best there is. Do you have one? I take it no other wise you wouldn't be in forums arguing this cheap.
Products been good or best does not mean that everyone will have it cause not everyone have the money for it or simply wouldn't be interested spending this much after a detector.

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the resonant frequency? Send it over and let me do impact testing to confirm what it actually is. This sounds pretty interesting. I read about this somewhere online as being cutting edge technology back several years ago.
Certainly I can not send you my machine. You will have to contact Nexus for this impact tests.
The resonant frequencies are determined by the tune of the search coil attached.
And by the way there is no cutting edge technology in Nexus, just devices that are very, very well tuned and balanced, because they are not made on a product line, but one by one.
Other wise circuitry is quite similar to other detectors. Well at least my old SE that I could open didn't look any special from inside, but it was hell deep and accurate detector.
The new MkII is completely sealed. No access to screws on the control box, so I can not tell what's in there.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I know it was just a little Wednesday morning humor! Use what you like and works best for your hunting situations. Whether it's a Lamborghini or a Yugo.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bently cars iare that good, one of the best there is. Do you have one? I take it no other wise you wouldn't be in forums arguing this cheap.
Ladies & gentlemen, you CANNOT argue with such logic! Simply infallible!

Careful, they're out there!

OP
OP
S

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ladies & gentlemen, you CANNOT argue with such logic! Simply infallible!

Careful, they're out there!

geotracker

Greenie
Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The very deep induction balance machines you may have heard of are the Nexus range which are the only resonant tuned metal detectors on the market at this time.
Performance is also helped by the coil design itself and the fact that far higher accuracy in construction of the coil was insisted upon ie coils were rejected that other manufacturers would accept as being near enough right.
Off resonance detectors from several manufacturers soon died out because though they supposedly offered anomaly free discrimination compared to other methods this was at the price of depth. Reliability of the coils was bad. Adding a meter would not help.

sciencemetaldetectors

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread