Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm selling my AT Pro, and replacing it with either a used f75 or a demo omega. The omega still has a warranty, and the f75 does not. I hunt for coins mostly. I'm leaning towards the f75, because the depth is outstanding, but the fact that it has no warranty turns me off... So what do you guys think? Omega or f75?

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dunno what the T2 or the used F75 is going to run you, but if you're mostly a coin shooter, you may want to consider a BRAND NEW CZ-3D!

You know I'm a fan of the AT Pro, I feel the CZ is "better" in most instances. The 3D is as deep if not deeper than an F75, isn't as prone to EMI, dual freqs handle hot soil better, doesn't chatter and you'd get a warranty all for about $800. This machine simply loves old deep coins and is a nickel hog!

Two potential cons would be its weight and some users have a problem with deep iron.
The weight is easily solved by hip mounting. No need to buy anything extra, just slip it off its perch and run your belt through the slots! Easy! Once hip mounted it's even lighter to swing than a Deus!
I've never had a problem with iron on mine. In fact I dig less iron with the 3D than any other detectors I've had. Simply doing a 360 walk around while scanning target will let you know if it's iron 99% of the time.

Anyway, just a thought to consider!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm selling my AT Pro, and replacing it with either a used f75 or a demo omega. The omega still has a warranty, and the f75 does not. I hunt for coins mostly. I'm leaning towards the f75, because the depth is outstanding, but the fact that it has no warranty turns me off... So what do you guys think? Omega or f75?

Is it a newer F75 with boost? And the higher freq of the F75 will add depth on gold.

My F70 (also higher freq) beats any "silver" frequency machine I've tried.

Omega still has a warranty? I assume all are not transferable from the original owner.

jmho

Last edited:

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F75 AND CZ-21 is what I use..... great machines.

PS...You don,t want a hip mounted box when hunting on land.....nothing but trouble around briars and trees with the chord hanging down from the hip to the wand...I mount my CZ-21 on my hip..but that is being used on the seashore...no briars etc.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F75 AND CZ-21 is what I use..... great machines.

PS...You don,t want a hip mounted box when hunting on land.....nothing but trouble around briars and trees with the chord hanging down from the hip to the wand...I mount my CZ-21 on my hip..but that is being used on the seashore...no briars etc.

Good point re: hip mounting in/around a thicket. Open areas such as parks, ball fields and the like pose no issues however.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics warranty is not transferable. The Omega and Fisher F5 are very similar in performance.

Wayne

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went with the omega! Should be here tommorow or Monday

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went with the omega! Should be here tommorow or Monday

Awesome

Later you can get the F70/F75 with boost and a shovel to match...
:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread