fisher f75 vs omega 8000

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll give my opinion…First I don't own either one but I do have a T2se and that's close enough to the F75. The F75/T2 are powerhouse machines! Deep, sensitive to small items, lightweight and easy to use. Im NOT a fan of using my T2se for coin hunting. The F75 does have some features the T2se doesn't that make it more convenient (I didn't say better) for coin shooting. Mainly it's notch and save settings features.

If you really want the "best" coin machine, especially old/deep coins, you want Fishers CZ-3D. As deep or deeper than any vlf out there, easy to learn, great disc, super stable, dual freq works where single freq can't (bad ground/salt beaches). It can be a bit on the hefty side but it's control box slips right off and can be hip mounted with your belt. Then it's super light!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used the 8000, but what Fella said about the CZ-3D is right on.

cadman20

Aug 4, 2010
Not only the CZ-3d, but, any of the Cz's (except CZ-6, just because of coil and headphone issues) are excellent coin grabbers, in heavy trash put the 5" coil on and it will hang with most any detector.

That said, I have both the Omega and F75se and prefer the Omega for coin shooting. Only reason for that is the Omega runs quieter and not as sparky as the F75.

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only the CZ-3d, but, any of the Cz's (except CZ-6, just because of coil and headphone issues) are excellent coin grabbers, in heavy trash put the 5" coil on and it will hang with most any detector.

That said, I have both the Omega and F75se and prefer the Omega for coin shooting. Only reason for that is the Omega runs quieter and not as sparky as the F75.

Agreed. I have an F-75 and owned an Omega. I sold the Omega to help finance my eTrac purchase. I beleive now that I made the wrong decision and should have sold the F-75. The Omega was/is a killer on coins and runs very quietly. The F-75 finds coins but is chattery and also the numbers jump all over the place. Now, some of this is because our Canadian coinage is made up of so many different metals and alloys however the Omega was not bothered by that as much as the F-75 is. Both machines are very light and ergonomically nice. I have hit coins as deep as 12" with the F-75, however as stated previously, the signals are so jumpy it's tough sometimes to determine what is worth digging and what isn't. The F-75 is very sensitive and powerful so it is almost impossible(at least where I live) to crank it up. I will be selling my F-75 in the near future as I do more beach hunting and am looking at a CZ-21. I have heard great things about the CZ-3D, especially on nickel detection and identification.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used both as well, and if I had to choose one, and this is just my opinion it would be Omega, it's what I use most of the time. So easy, so light, one battery (one spare covers my pin pointer, and detector)

F75 is a bit deeper, but Omega will find coins to 10 inces no problem, it IDs very well, as far as I'm concerned the stock coil is the perfect size, and shape, seperation of a 5 inch with the coverage of a 10. It will pick the goods out of the iron as well or better than everything else I've tried.

Like I said super easy to use, left knob all the way to the right, right knob all the way to the left. I like the ground error read out, just turn on and go, usually push down arrow till GB hits about 60, zero time wasted.

Madforclad if you don't mind are you on the east coast ? seeing you looking at a cz21 and all, if you don't want to say publicly PM me, may be able to hook you up, trade etc.

Rick

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the cz3d statements too, no ID#s but it is pretty darn accurate somehow it manages to put foil, nickles in the right "slot"

I admit I don't use it as much, cause every ounce counts to me. They will hit dimes 10 to 11 inches, and very easy to use too.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never used the 8000, but what Fella said about the CZ-3D is right on.

Another for the cz,coins deep,beach no problem,meteorite machine,maybe a decent nugget shooter,i don't know that but i do know in my first days as a m.der way back i got a strong hit and i was using a tea strainer,i know ha ha,but any after a long time of it showing up in my hand and going off when waved in front of the coil,but it kept going thru the strainer,it was a #9 skeet/bird shot..i'm a cz beleiver..Simple and powerful as they come..S.T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread