OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, i like the Vaq also.....but i really like multitones even if ii dont have VID numbers.....I think the Vaq is a good machine but after some consideration i think the CZ will better suit me in the long run.

Let us know how it is on target separation. From what I have heard the Vaq would have the edge. I would love to see a video of these two side by side in a seasoned test garden with coins at 8-10". I think that would be a pretty good head to head test!

If you do some searching on here Dave Johnson had an interesting reply on a thread I think from Newfie talking about the 1021 serial numbers and the new ones. Long story short- some of last 1021's are not as good as the new ones. Nasa Tom can tune any of them up and make them nickel killers. From what Dave said though the new ones are spot on.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also heard some reports of average target seperation. But my atpro and f75 with sniper coil seperate just fine. I was looking for a machine that will I.d. those deep coins accurately. But we'll see.....

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
The cz3d is a beast on salt beaches because it can be set wide-open just using tone ID, and it beats the Tejon and the Vaquero there too. The differences are even more pronounced when the soil has a lot of black sand in it. But in light soil the Tejon will get more depth, cz modified, or not. The Vaquero is not as deep a machine as the Tejon, but it does handle harsher, heavier Fe type soil better than the Tejon, and it runs a lot smoother and quieter too. I kept my cz and traded my Tejon for a Browning A-bolt 338 mag. I almost felt like I committed a felony, the A-bolt was worth $1,000 new, and more than half that used. I too would have chosen the cz3d, it is my go-to for high black sand salt beaches and open fields here on the west coast. The Tejon here ran like a race horse on steroids with DT's and relieving itself of the broken razor blades it ate the night before. It would do 17" on a quarter in an air test, and the same in white sand (gypsum, quartz, or pure silica, no salt), or wood chips. In your soil the cz will give a cleaner, more distinct signal than the Vaquero, and the Tejon will produce a really tough signal to read at extreme depth - since its super-high gain distorts the signal so much.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions