Best beach machine.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Donj, If I was gonna do park to wet sand I would get a nice FBS machine. Then you have a machine that is great for both. Plus you can still search along the shoreline. Check out one of the treasure line detectors from Minelab. The Safari is awesome on beaches and great for parks. It won't hit hard on your tiny stud sized earring backs, and smaller chains but it will find your gold and silver rings, and DEEP too. Safari loves to play in the park and wet sand beaches.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is I only go to the beach about 2 weeks a year and cant see putting $1,000+ in a machine to only be used a few times a year. I have had some cz machines and although they were deep....I did not like their ergonomics. Thought they were heavy, awkward and unbalanced. Is their no lightweight machines that well run smooth in wet sand at a reasonable price?
Digger, if I was you I would seriously consider the Fors CoRe by Nokta, it is a single freq detector that has a beach program that works very well, I tested it on salt water sand , moving from shallow water to wet sand and back and found it very stable and it can discriminate out iron on the beach.. It has auto balance, manual balance and tracking.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the money a new Sand Shark is almost a no brainer, I would like to get one myself. I love my Excalibur and Sovereign's but they are not too lite.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is I only go to the beach about 2 weeks a year and cant see putting $1,000+ in a machine to only be used a few times a year. I have had some cz machines and although they were deep....I did not like their ergonomics. Thought they were heavy, awkward and unbalanced. Is their no lightweight machines that well run smooth in wet sand at a reasonable price?

I agree TH.....
the Nokta Fors CoRe.......it has a beach mode and works well in the wet sand.
Plenty of videos on youtube about it. Kellyco has it for 595.00
It also works well in highly minerialzed soil as a gold hunter. Has great depth......

Last edited:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger, if I was you I would seriously consider the Fors CoRe by Nokta, it is a single freq detector that has a beach program that works very well, I tested it on salt water sand , moving from shallow water to wet sand and back and found it very stable and it can discriminate out iron on the beach.. It has auto balance, manual balance and tracking.

Any idea how deep it can go (Nokta)in the wet sand where the waves crash and tends to be the saltiest portion of the beach? My G2 cant take it in Miami beach, i even hear plenty of chatter on my CZ-20.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going into the water it isn't what you want, it isn't waterproof, only the coil is..

The one I was testing with had no issue. I manually ground balanced it and had no falsing in the wet sand or shallow water....

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply, Treasurehunter i know its not water proof but i do enjoy wet sand hunting. I only get in the water with my CZ-20, would love to see the day when a single frequency VLF machine can hit a dime at 10" in wet salty very high salinity sand down here.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Get you a Tesero Sand Shark' Ron Lord. !

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I have used the sand shark for a couple years. If it beeps you dig. Real easy to swing with the eight '' disk. Very rugged and durable machine. I have to send mine in due to one side of the headphones will go out. It will be my first time using the lifetime warranty aspect of it. I will report on that when all said and done. The shark finds all.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Donj, If I was gonna do park to wet sand I would get a nice FBS machine. Then you have a machine that is great for both. Plus you can still search along the shoreline. Check out one of the treasure line detectors from Minelab. The Safari is awesome on beaches and great for parks. It won't hit hard on your tiny stud sized earring backs, and smaller chains but it will find your gold and silver rings, and DEEP too. Safari loves to play in the park and wet sand beaches.

Thanks for the input irishgoldhound i'll look into the safari.

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m interested in finding jewelry at the beach and on sleding hills here in ohio . I'm wondering what detector might increase my finds. I' currently using a delta 4000. with not much luck any machines out there that will improve my luck. Thank you . Frezzing the old fingers out there.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
If your looking for a good jewelry detector. The At pro is great. At 15khz It's more sensitive on smaller gold items than your 7.8 kHz Delta which is more less a coin detector, geared more for higher conductors

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
CTX 3030 is not that bad... especially underwater

807897Ctx3030UWPGM.jpg

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While the delta will go 11" down in the dry sand (at 12 sens) to find a gold ring, it will be useless in the salt water. I have one i know, if your are planning on detecting on the beach consider a multi-frequency machine that goes down at least 10-12" in wet and salty sand on a coin sized object, depth is everything on the beach. The Delta like most single frequency VLF machines, will only go 5-6" under the sand in A2 mode at 5 sens. There are of course exceptions, new DSP are allowing some single frequency VLF machines to go down deep in the salty sand. The Delta works great in the dry sand, it will even disc out bottle caps very very well, but on wet it sucks. The AT-Pro is a bit better and goes a bit deeper on the wet sand, but will still suffer significantly compared to dry.

Last edited:

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m interested in finding jewelry at the beach and on sleding hills here in ohio . I'm wondering what detector might increase my finds. I' currently using a delta 4000. with not much luck any machines out there that will improve my luck. Thank you . Frezzing the old fingers out there.
Skeeter. You might consider a soverign GT if your hunting freshwater beaches. They are very good seeing through the iron junk on freshwater beaches, and do execellant in parks and fields.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread