Garrett AT Pro or Teknetics T2 SE

historygrad09

Feb 17, 2015
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/White's MXT/Teknetics T2 SE/Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been a relic hunter for over 15 years and am finally upgrading to a new machine. I have only ever used a White's Spectrum XLT and am looking for a good relic machine. I hear the T2 would fit that bill well but I would like any opinions, good or bad, from those of you who have used these machines. What do you like, what do you hate, any thoughts in general. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are asking for other peoples opinions....which may differ greatly from your own. But since you asked....my opinion is that both are great machines. I love my ATP....but if you prefer to relic hunt, have the cash and dont want to water hunt....id go with the new T2. But personally, id look hard at the new Fisher F19 also.

OP
OP
H

historygrad09

Feb 17, 2015
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the information. I realize that in asking for opinions from others that it could differ greatly from my own the only problem is I have no opinions lol. At least not on these two machines anyway. I am just trying to see what real people using these machines think since I myself have never used one or hunted with someone who has. I have been a relic hunter for a long time, most of my life actually, and since I have only ever used one machine I really don't know where to start looking simply because I have literally never used any other machine but my old Spectrum XLT. It served me well and I never really looked around at other machines until now. I have heard great things about both of these machines and just wanted to pick the brains of those who have used them. My father loved Fisher when he first started relic hunting so I will have to look into that. Thank you. Good luck on your next hunt, whenever that may be. Also, and not to pry, do you detect in the northern or southern part of the Shenandoah Valley? I live in the Eastern Panhandle of WV and hunt in the Winchester area a lot and I was just curious.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live about 15 minutes east of Harrisonburg....but i detect all over....Winchester, Staunton....etc..

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add some input....the two things that give the T2 or F75 (basically the same machines) the edge over the ATP for relic hunting is: 1) They are light and perfectly balanced...you can swing them all day. 2) They have a powerful all-metal mode that will go deep for bullets, etc. 3) Super, super fast recovery speed on the new models.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will also add that the AT gold is the better relic machine over the ATpro....It has a true all-metal mode and hits harder and deeper on low conductors. It is my go to relic machine here lately. And you still have the water capabilities of the pro!

OP
OP
H

historygrad09

Feb 17, 2015
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have heard a lot of people say that the AT Gold is a better relic machine. I appreciate you taking the time out to give me your knowledge on the subject. I think I am leaning toward the T2 but am not fully decided yet lol. Happy hunting.

lordbaltimore

Greenie
Feb 12, 2011
Northumberland
Detector(s) used
whites MXT and S.E.F. 12 x 10 dd coil,,Golden Mask 4 with S.E.F. 8 x 6 dd coil,,Mikron NRG 150 with 10 x 8 dd .
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hiya,,those machines have a good rep. but if you want a relic machine ,,you gotta get a Nautilus ,,the 2ba is the machine i would recomend,,have had one and with the 3 coils too,,,the 8 ninch was my favourite ,,but if you want deep its the standard 10 ,,the other machines just cant get within 6 to 10 inches of these guys,,no matter what coil,,,its one of the deepest machines on the planet ,,and the iron disc. is magical,,,dont waste your hard earned on anything else ,,L.B.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I would stay away from the Nautilus machines as they are out of business and no one is repairing them. I was told recently by a former Nautilus dealer that most have been swapped for T2's and F75's...

OP
OP
H

historygrad09

Feb 17, 2015
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was thinking the same thing myself because I thought they had went out of business.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 (Latest) is a deeper unit, more for deep coins and relics 12-15 inches on a quarter in mild soil like Florida. The AT-Pro is a general purpose machine that can get wet and still goes deep 10-11 inches on a quarter in mild Florida soil (Pro Zero, max sens). I don't think you can go wrong with any of the two, both are great units !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread