fishracepoint

Greenie
Apr 13, 2009
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 750, Equinox 800
Hello all
Is this a fair comparison? :dontknow:
I realize the Whites has 3 frequencies and Fisher has 2 but I am not sure if that is an advantage.
Anybody out there ever run these 2 enough to give a good comparison.
Yes I am still looking and thought I had made up my mind to get the F19 but...:BangHead:

Thanks for all replies in advance

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had both. Like both. MUCH prefer the CZ-3D.

If old coins is what you're after, you won't find a better machine. The ONLY con is it is a heavy & unbalanced beast. However, the control box is removable and hip/chest mountable. Then it's a super lightweight!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id stick with the F19 orr the F75ltd.....i didnt care for the CZ. But have no experience with the Whites. I do know that the CZ-3d wont do anything that the F75 dont do better!

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might compare the MXT-pro to the cz-3d but the VX-3 is closer to say the etrac.

The F-19 is a great machine mostly designed for relics an here's why. It is basically only a 2 tone machine. Depending on where you set the V-break. Everything above for instance a v-break of 40 (where iron stops) would be a VCO tone. Everything below is low tone. If you were wanting to use it for coin and jewelry everything sounds the same and you have to look at screen to determine what the target "might" be.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to add to Fletch's post.....the F75ltd has: 1 tone, 3 different two tone versions, 3 tones, 3h tones(nickels are high tones), 4 tones, 4h tones, and Delta Pitch. I like 2f for relic hunting and 3 or 3h for coins.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id stick with the F19 orr the F75ltd.....i didnt care for the CZ. But have no experience with the Whites. I do know that the CZ-3d wont do anything that the F75 dont do better!

Salty beach sand the CZ-3D does better than the F75. Outside of that environment the new F75 with DST outpaces the 3D.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salty beach sand the CZ-3D does better than the F75. Outside of the environment the new F75 with DST outpaces the 3D.

I thought about the beach after i posted that.....but i wouldnt use the cz-3d anywhere near saltwater anyway. not a very sealed unit....and far from water resistant.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought about the beach after i posted that.....but i wouldnt use the cz-3d anywhere near saltwater anyway. not a very sealed unit....and far from water resistant.

I use a CZ5 at salt water beaches without any problems. It is very deep and handles wet sand well. Wouldn't go into the water with it though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread