Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F44 has manual GB, a HUGE plus. It's lighter and the search coil doesn't weigh as much as the Whites either. The Fisher has a back light too, and a 5 yr warranty vs Whites 3 yr. Basically a blowout, and the Fisher circuitry is more modern too.

I'm interested to see how the new little White's does. The display seems a little cheesy to me (over the F44 offering), but Whites does make good detectors in their mid to higher end line. If they learned to place some of that ingenuity into a smaller, lighter, less expensive package, they could be on to something. If it's a Coinmaster rework, then maybe not.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested to see how the new little White's does. The display seems a little cheesy to me (over the F44 offering), but Whites does make good detectors in their mid to higher end line. If they learned to place some of that ingenuity into a smaller, lighter, less expensive package, they could be on to something. If it's a Coinmaster rework, then maybe not.

One thing I do not like about the White's is the GB. I would take manual GB & constantly check & adjust if need be, before I would even consider trusting auto or tracking GB.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Whites main factory is right down the road about one mile, I used to work for a firm (in a town about 65 miles to the north) that produced and sometimes redesigned the circuit boards for Whites. My experience and electronics education caused me to push out other employees with less education/experience, even though they had seniority. I was made supervisor, and that bothered the other employees and me too, so I gave my notice after awhile and found other employment. There was too much anger there for my preferences. I have no brand loyalty to Whites (or) Fisher. And although Whites does make some very good detectors and I own a couple of them, the one in question here.. is not of the same caliber (or value) as the Fisher also mentioned. FT is in the lead now, and Dave is a very remarkable engineer there too

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing I do not like about the White's is the GB. I would take manual GB & constantly check & adjust if need be, before I would even consider trusting auto or tracking GB.

I agree, Scott. I tried the CionGT with that autotrack and it seemed to give a false beep now and then when I swung it (at any sensitivity). I always wondered if that was because of the constant readjusting messing with the stability. Even if it wasn't, it just seemed a bit noisy for my liking.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The Coinmaster GT will likely be replaced by the Treasure Pro with a MAP price of $369. The numerical ID is much larger and it uses a new 10" DD coil. It is rainproof, has backlight & ground tracking. Reads depth in half inch increments to +10". Available very soon. Uses only 2 AA batteries, weighs 3 lbs. It can use up to 8 tones.

The Coinmaster Pro is likely discontinued as the new Treasuremaster is already for sale for $279 MAP price. Has 4 tones & no light. It weighs 2.8 lbs & uses 2 AA batteries & is rainproof. Large numerical ID. Uses the same 9.5" concentric coil as the Coinmasters & Prizms. Whire's makes an expensive 4x6 DD coil for this & NEL makes several coils for these, too.

The Fisher F44 likely replaces the F4 $349 MAP price. It uses 2 AA batteries & is rainproof. Weighs only 2.3 lbs. Air tests 13" on nickel & think someone found a silver quarter down 10" with one of these. Large numerical ID. Uses a 11" teardrop concentric coil.

The Fisher F2 is likely replaced by the F22 MAP price $229. Uses 2 AAs, rainproof, 2.3 lbs. Large numerical ID. You can see these on Fisher website & likely plenty of You Tube videos. Uses a 9" teardrop concentric coil. Best wishes, George (MN)

foiled_again

Jan 29, 2013
DFW area, TX
Detector(s) used
CZ7a, Compadre (wader mod), Land Ranger Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does the F44 compare with the F5? And is it compatible with F5 coils? The frequencies are quite close I think.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They each use the same coils. The advantages of the F44 over the F5? Memory of settings. Program ability of segments. FeTone Iron audio. Unless you are a relic (iron) hunter, the F5 is a better machine IMO.

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Osage....I bought the whites GT and it works well in mineralized soil. I bought it for my wife, and it has features you would find on higher price machines. What is awesome and it works well is the automatic tracking. It also has a back light for detecting when the sun is going down. By default the GT has a single tone ID, press the tone ID button and you have available a multi tone response with up to nine target zones. As for additional coils it only has the 4x6 . My wife has averaged depths on nickels around 10 inches in new england, same for pennies, average would be about 8 inches. I guess it would depend on what features you would want most in you detector, my wife does not like manual ground balancing. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions