Fisher F19 vs Fisher F5 vs Garrett AT Gold

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to determine how these compare for general coin & jewelry hunting with a minor amount of relic hunting. Not going to be water hunting with any, or in the rain. Would just like some comments from users with pros, and cons, of each for the intended use. Not trying to start a battle as they are all good. I've used the AT Gold, but neither of the Fishers. I like the AT Gold just fine, but not sure how it compares to the two Fishers. Soil is not too mineralized around here, from what I can tell.

Thanks for any, and all, input...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have no idea about the F5, but have a good bit of time on the Gold and have been researching the F19/G2+ since their release.....I think each will have advantages....I believe the gold may have alittle stronger/deeper all-metal and its waterproof....but the f19 is a little faster,has a backlight,uses 1 9volt and is a lighter machine. I am currently looking to purchase a new G2 for hunting heavy iron trash, but my Gold will never leave and gets bullets deeper (in my ground) than my F75 ltd could. I have compared them side by side several times.....in the nasty stuff the Gold was the winner....in the milder ground, the F75 was hard to beat!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the F5 and it's a great unit. But if you're seeking relics also, I'd take the F19 (or the ATG for what Digger said). The F19 does have FeTone Iron audio and VBreak, another few pluses over the ATG.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Gold has iron audio and a "setable" break point for your low-mid tones....high tone is preset.

OP
OP
HighPlainsHunter

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info guys. I think I'll just stick with my AT Gold for what I'm hunting. Appreciate the input...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would really like to try one of the new G2 ltd machines, but i have yet to find any machine i like more than my AT Gold!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally broke my habit of buying new detectors just so I could learn and compare them. However I am not dead yet an want a CTX 3030.:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions