Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my thoughts exactly. thank you!

Rik I don't understand your sentences or who or what you are directing them toward because there is almost no punctuation, and my bet is that many other people aren't sure either. However, if you wish to learn more about metal detectors and how they are or operate, or their good qualities try this site: Metal Detector News, Reviews and Ratings

Good luck to you

OP
OP
C

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've never seen a sight with such thread hi-jacking!

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Digger will you please quit following me all over this site, it's getting a bit old, thanks

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont flatter yourself Larry....no one is following You! I just dont like you trying to force your BS down peoples throats...Everyone who has been on this site more than a year knows you are an extreme Garrett Hater and have posted dozens of threads trying to degrade them.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
guys plz ghis thread is supposed to be about the f70 and 75 . maybe u guys could argue over pm ?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F75ltd is deeper than the F70.....i have read a couple of Nasa Tom's posts stating that the F75ltd, when ran at max sense and in boost process is the deepest VLF detector made. I had one and used it solely for a good while and my only complaint was that it lost a great deal of depth in red VA clay. But in descent ground it was the most powerful machine i have used....

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
interesting so the f70 sl mode is not the same as the 75bp? i almost bought the f70 once but u cant choose the gb number manually so i opted to not get it .

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Rik I read somewhere that the F75 has more gain cranked into it than the F70 too. But like other detectors if the gain is too much it will pick up power lines and other interference more easily. From my experience in light to almost zero Fe soil, the Tejon will keep up with the Fisher 1270. Still, I would prefer the 1270 because even though it is heavy, it can handle bad ground much better in my part of the country than a Tejon. I like the Tejon better than the LST, but only because it goes so deep in really low mineral type soil. In heavy black sand or salt soils though the Tejon really suffers in depth and gets real noisy. In (light) soil I have never had a deeper detector in my hand than a Tejon. The Tejon was designed for CW hunting, and it is a good one there.

From Dave Johnson: "I was responsible for many of the software concepts in all these products, but John Gardiner wrote the code for the F70 and Jorge Anton Saad wrote the code for the F5 and the Omega. The F70 circuit platform is related to the F75 and Tek T2, which despite their differences all run at 13 kHz"

And this too comes from Dave Johnson:

"When it comes to target separation, the Omega is in the same league as the Tek T2 and the Fisher F75/F70 and F5. These are machines which have already earned a reputation for superb target separation.

How a machine performs "in the ground" on a particular target entails many variables, not the least of which is the operator knowing how to use the machine. So I will not say that the Omega will do this or that in the ground better or worse than some other specific machine. Suffice it to say that "in the ground" on coin-sized objects, it's in the same league as the T2 and its successors. The 13 kHz platform machines will tend to have an overall edge on smaller targets."

And from another site: http://detectorstuff.com/fisher-f70-review/

"To put it bluntly, the Fisher F70 is THE HEAT! As a proud and happy owner of an F75, I caught myself thinking…”I bet the F70 will be a scaled down F75”. In some ways, I was right. A few less features than the F75, (and I LOVE the F75 trigger!…it should be illegal to build a metal detector without a trigger!) However, Fisher retained the most useful functions and made them very accessible to the user. There’s also a little something extra under the hood… more depth than the F75! Yep, you read that right! In my soil, coil-for-coil, the F70 is slightly deeper than the F75."

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
interesting so the f70 sl mode is not the same as the 75bp? i almost bought the f70 once but u cant choose the gb number manually so i opted to not get it .

With the F75 you can choose the gb number manually if you want...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the high gain on the f75 that Larry is speaking of is what causes the loss of depth in my "red clay" areas. Kinda like the high beams in the fog.....but its not a true depth loss...the f75 will still sound off but in the bad stuff it just becomes very hard to tell a bullet from a nail at depth. This is were "In my area" the AT gold seems to out perform the f75 or atleast for me it was easier to tell good targets from bad. But dont get me wrong; I still think the f75 is one of the best machines I have used.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011

With the F75 you can choose the gb number manually if you want...

I usually don't have any inclination to GB at any numbers that aren't optimum for the soil I am hunting in although I do know others have their reasons to do that.
My F70 and the auto GB feature seems to do fine for me so far.
In good soil I got massive depth easily up to 12" and further, in my present very bad soil areas my audio will match those depths but the screen info only shows targets down to about 7" which matches or beats most detectors I have heard of around here.
That being said there is a way to fool the F70 to balance to other numbers which is simply by GB'ing over objects with different continuity readings.
Gather up a collection of different ones and I suppose you could almost pick your numbers if that is what you want to do.
I have read about a technique that supposedly works pretty well using the F75 on a saltwater beach but you need to get the GB numbers under 10.
No way can I come close to that number with my F70 normally but I happen to have a hot rock of some kind I found the other day that I discovered will let me GB below 10 if I swing over this thing as I set it.
Next vacation I take to Gulf Shores the F70 comes with me but so will that rock.

I think the high gain on the f75 that Larry is speaking of is what causes the loss of depth in my "red clay" areas. Kinda like the high beams in the fog.....but its not a true depth loss...the f75 will still sound off but in the bad stuff it just becomes very hard to tell a bullet from a nail at depth. This is were "In my area" the AT gold seems to out perform the f75 or atleast for me it was easier to tell good targets from bad. But dont get me wrong; I still think the f75 is one of the best machines I have used.

High beams in fog...excellent way to put the experience of hunting in severe red clay, iron infested and infused mineralized soil like I have in many areas around here.
Despite that, and despite the fact that when you get deeper to the 6-7" range where I can get screen info the ID's are anything but solid and stable, there is still behavior and indications that I have noticed that have prompted me to dig that deep and find good targets at those depths way more often than trash.
Just another language I have to learn as far as I am concerned and I am doing pretty good at learning it...so far.
Beyond that it is all about only the audio, even in all metal, and that is something I will have to work on next.

From what I can tell in this area my F70 seems to do as well, (for me), if not better than all of the VLF detectors used by any other hunter around here I have ever hunted with, talked to or heard of.
Hunting mostly public parks as I do I prefer to use units with some sort of discrimination because digging every signal I come across both deep and shallow is just no longer an option for me.
One day a TDI might join my arsenal so I am studying up on ways that it might be possible to use that thing to find deeper silver and nickels again without digging absolutely everything in sight.
Keith Southern and a few others have posted ways that might work.

For now if I can get to the 4-7" area in the worst of this devil dirt there seems to be a pretty good amount of missed targets at those levels so the PI is on the back burner for now.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really doubt if there will be much difference in what is in your finds pouch using one or the other...They are both known for great depth. If you have money to spend get the F75 if not get the F70 and im sure you will find plenty.....

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I had an f70, and it's recovery speed was second to none in terms of detectors I have used. I am primarily a coin shooter, and if you have a site with targets 5 inches or less, you can clean up a site with that machine. My only gripe with it is on deep silver the vdi would sometimes read 9-11 with no iron around at all. I may have had a faulty machine, but if it was above 5 inches it wouldn't miss anything and you could go thru a place pretty fast due to the swing speed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions