Depth- F70 vs F75??

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Same circuitry corpsman. You need to check with Dave Johnson's notes, he is their creator. Search (and research) to find out. Dave has a few answers here that Steve Herschbach has reiterated. Steve is a MASTER at gold nugget hunting. George Payne created the T2 and Dave Johnson gives him credit for it too. I did some research for you:

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/Teknetics/T2_InterviewW-Dave.html

http://www.akmining.biz/forums/showthread.php/86-Dave-Johnson-Detectors.html

Most of these folks on here are just beginners, not professionals, and you will get mostly opinions from them. Some will test something one way and then tell you a different story because they are biased toward one brand or another.

Minelab and Garrett owners are the most notorious of "untruthers", I almost never see Whites owners stretching things too far. Tesoro owners sometimes make some outlandish claims though

FT owners seldom make false claims. Good luck in your search

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I felt pretty certain that they shared the same circuitry, but I did not know for sure. thanks! I just purchased the F70 pro pack with the 10" concentric coil and the 11"DD coil.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a good one.. :icon_thumright:

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
gl with ur new machine . im sure if will serve u well

OP
OP
C

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks, guys!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
This is one amazing machine.
I got mine on Thanksgiving day 2013 and never looked back.
A chameleon, it can be several different detectors depending on the settings using just about every coil.
It finds ridiculously small targets, targets so deep in good soil your jaw will drop, heavy trash, heavy iron, wide open spaces and most anything in just about any other site under any conditions you can think of.
I studied this thing hard for several months experimenting and learned much, found much during that process and way more after I settled down with some favorite settings and just hunted.
As much as I learned, as much as I know I believe I might only have touched the surface on what it can really do.
My standard coil found silver on its first hunt, gold on its third and three gold rings within 10 days at the beginning of this year among several other gold targets so far.
It is a magnet for silver jewelry and older coins.
My 11" DD goes amazingly deep and can be used not only in large wide open spaces but heavy trash infested sites with surprising accuracy when set correctly.
The small DD sniper coil is not only as deep if not deeper than the standard concentric but fantastic in heavy trash, super heavy iron or crazy mineralized soil that I have to deal with now.
Factory settings out of the box work well, tweak them a bit for different site conditions it works better.
Get into and try to understand the deep technological processes and workings of this thing like I have tried to do and your head will swim.
Grease your jaw...it will drop often.

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an F75SE and love it. Its nicknamed the Mighty Fisher... The new F75's have what is called Boost process and it would be deeper than the standard in that mode mode...

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
And the F70 has SL mode.
Different process, same effect as boost.
Fishers are some of the deepest on the planet without these, turn these on and amazingly you get even more.

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a page on the Fisher that the F70 actually goes a little deeper ! Gee lets see Lucky larry I have a degree in Electronics and started out 33 years ago working on industrial metal detectors that are and were 10 times more sophisticated than any hand held unit today !!!

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking for someone who new anything about Tesoro I was wondering if the Tejon and Lobo super track had about the same depth if you use the wide scan coil or DD on the Tejon or do you prefer the Fisher F70 or F75 a lot of people like them I own a Whites TDI and a Garrett GTI 2500 and a Fisher Gold$trike and Coin$trike also a Minelab X-TERRA 70 and a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger , I was looking for info on the Tesoros and ended up on this page and it sounds like you are a pro you design I am a Field Service and Bench repair Technician to board and component level , you probably know a lot more about Tesoro than I do , that's why I was asking if the Tejon and Super track have about the same depth of detection on targets or is the Lobo a deeper hotter detector if they are both using a DD coil any information would be much appreciated ! Thank you

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rik I don't understand your sentences or who or what you are directing them toward because there is almost no punctuation, and my bet is that many other people aren't sure either. However, if you wish to learn more about metal detectors and how they are or operate, or their good qualities try this site: Metal Detector News, Reviews and Ratings

Good luck to you

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the longest sentence I have ever read.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
haha . im just wondering why he is looking for info about tesoro machines on a thread about the f70 and f75 lol

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I still don't know what he was looking for, or why he posted on this forum???

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an Electronics Tech , But I don't know that much about the Tesoro brand of metal detectors , What I wanted to ask does anyone know if the Tejon will detect as deep as the Super track on the same target !!! I thought maybe you may have more experience with Tesoro ??

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is where the site sent me to , sorry !!!

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
I am an Electronics Tech , But I don't know that much about the Tesoro brand of metal detectors , What I wanted to ask does anyone know if the Tejon will detect as deep as the Super track on the same target !!! I thought maybe you may have more experience with Tesoro ??

i would check in the tesoro section of the fourm. those guys love those machines and can probably answer any questions u may have gl.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rik, the Lobo Super Track (AKA LST) is an excellent all-around machine, but it is not a depth monster. But the Tejon in very light Fe soil will make you dig clear up to your elbows for a coin sometimes, and in bad soil it will get crushed by the LST. However, as the soil becomes more saline or more infested with iron ( magnetite or hematite) the Tejon will eventually lose half of its depth through ground disruption or interference. The long and short of it is, (if) you can pull more than a cigarette sized amount of iron filings (using a magnet) out of a cup of your soil, don't buy the Tejon, get the Vaquero if you are biased toward Tesoro. If you have no bias get one with better or more options, such as a ML 705, a Fisher F70 or F75. Or some Whites are very versatile too. I would recommend a Garrett, but the only one I would really buy for myself or someone who lives in your part of the country is the ATX PI series, and those are over $2,000. Garrett's AT series though actually use late 70's to early 80's basic circuit design which makes them an inferior target separator compared to the FT (Fisher, Teknetics) line. And this is not my opinion either, it is a fact, and several different videos have proven it to us. So have our own personal tests. And no, I'm not looking for a challenge or a debate, I'm just posting what I have seen or know for myself. The best way to chose a metal detector is to look into a club hunt and see which ones work the best for where you will be hunting, and don't buy until you try.
Good luck

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Larry, Can you tell me what machines were made in the 70's that had 3-tones and a numeric TID that could tell the diference in a clad dime vrs. a silver one? Oh, and also some of the best iron audio available still today????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread