XP Deus vs. Makro Racer

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just a little experience with either...but was considering these two and the G2+ ltd for my next machine. I counted the XP out because of its jumpy, non accurate numbers and the fact that 3 chargers are used....just too much for me. But it does have awesome speed and seperation, but so do the other two. I eliminated the Racer because it tends to group alot of good targets together.....seems like everything good is an "83" on this machine. So i went with the G2+ ltd and am very happy thus far.....not a depth monster but deep enough, very fast, seperates great, and is right at home in the heavy iron. And you can nearly buy it and its brother "the T2" for the price of the Deus....

OP
OP
C

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks for the info. I've got the deus, and I love it. I'm just looking for a backup machine, and wanted to know how the two compare to each other. as long as the VDI number shows in that "dig me" range, I'm fine with it lumping things together. I don't really need to know what I'm digging, as long as I know to dig it. any idea of the depth of the Racer compared to the Deus?

lunatunes

Greenie
Aug 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the info. I've got the deus, and I love it. I'm just looking for a backup machine, and wanted to know how the two compare to each other. as long as the VDI number shows in that "dig me" range, I'm fine with it lumping things together. I don't really need to know what I'm digging, as long as I know to dig it. any idea of the depth of the Racer compared to the Deus?

Plus, How accurate is the depth reading on the Makro....I have the Nokta and not only is it in centimeters but the depth reading
is so inaccurate that it's pretty much useless.

OP
OP
C

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure the depth reading can be changed to inches. I know it can on the Racer. hold the left and right button down while you turn the machine on, and "US" will come up on the screen. personally, I don't even look at the depth meter. if it's a good signal, I'm going to dig it.

Plus, How accurate is the depth reading on the Makro....I have the Nokta and not only is it in centimeters but the depth reading
is so inaccurate that it's pretty much useless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions