Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the racer is a great detector. amazing in iron and works great anywhere.. the company stands behind you like no other.. the tones are best ive heard on any machine. one of the few detectors isS enjoy hunting with or without headphones.. and best of all it finds good metals surrounded by bad metals all the time.

Spot on there!

Racer 2 is fantastic....both on soil and wet sand.

Matt.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

picklepete

Nov 22, 2012
americas heartland
Detector(s) used
Quest 20, Simplex+ on order, detecting on and off since the 1970's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I owned a T2 and F70. My Racer 1 handles my mineralized soil much better, and has blended audio which I love . I pick up more coins in the trash with the racer than the other 2. My racer is over a year old. The coil started acting up. I contacted Dilek and she requested a pic of the ID tag on the coil, and what symptoms the detector was having. She then sent me a new coil for turkey, arrived in about a week. Top notch service, and top notch products for sure. My next detector is coming from Poland, that should make a lot of Buy American folks gasp, but you know, the European manufactures are leading the way in innovation. Although I hear rumors Fisher may release a new flagship detector this year. Good for them, I hope its a awesome one!

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned Racer 1 (red Racer) and the teething problems with the coil ears breaking happened..I contacted Makro via Whatsapp Android app, sent them a picture, they asked for my address and literally 2 days later, from Turkey to the UK a BRAND NEW coil arrived, with the new and Improved coill ears.

I was shocked, truly awesome service!

But soon as the Racer 2 came out, I just had to try it...so I bought one and have owned it for approx 12-18 months and I LOVE it!

I've found bits of silver, stacks of clad coins, a lot of old coins from 1700s 1800s etc etc.

It's perfect on dry soil, dry sand, wet sand and in the water...no falsing etc.

IMHO...having owned a AT Pro, Ace 250 and Euroace.....the Makro Racer 2 eats them for breakfast!

Matt.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, while surfing must read stuff about the Makro Racer, I came across this most interesting thread. I know there were some contentious moments, this was still a great thread. A ton of good stuff to digest.

Last edited:

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have experience with the F75, mine is a SE LTD that I had upgraded last winter. I thought about the racer, it is a sexy design, but soon after they were released I started to see them being sold as slightly used on both Ebay and craigslist. I can only take it that it did not live up to the hype for those individuals. Larry has the credentials and I always appreciate his posting on topics here on Tnet. If LL saya it's so, well then it is so IMHO.

Hi people, My thoughts on the racer are what a machine!!. People who sold them mustn't have known how to use them properly. I thought the same thing until i found out there very similar to the nokta fors core but with a better display, There not as well balanced as the core but an amazing machine for the money. I would rate it up there as one of the top detectors i know that sounds crazy. The response on them is really fast not far behind the deus the depth is is really good and discriminates really well. I would say the only downside is it likes coke like most detectors, but if you're a relic hunter who likes to dig everything but iron anyway it doesn't really matter it's a beep and dig machine. The VDI is accurate down to about 10'' depending on the size of the target, But if you want to get crazy depths like 14''+on small stuff switch it into all metal mode and dig everything thats not reading 20! iron will always read 20 everything else will read whatever but not a sold 20 what ever your after small thin hammered silver or gold coins at crazy depths this is how to do it. Yeah you're not going to know what you're digging until you find it but it won't be iron, You'll clean up if you do it this way. i don't think theres many detectors on the market that will stand up to the racer or the fors core when running it like this but each to there own. If you're after a machine that will more or less tell you what you're going to dig up at 5'' to 9'' theres plenty of good detectors out there but if you're wanting to clean up get one you'll be surprised. as for the f75 they are also amazing machines but my opinion the racer wins hands down. HH peeps

Last edited:

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my F75 for about a month. When I got it I brought it to a friends that has a Racer. He lives near an airport and cannot use his Racer in his yard. The DST in the F75 allowed it to function where the Racer could not. Later, in Cobalt Ontario the Racer was a fine machine and served as a backup to his MineLab 4500, which was noisy enough that an older F75 without DST couldn't be used at 30' from the 4500. The Racer also had to have the Minelab shut off to function.

That's all I have observed, any more would be speculation. Oh, the F75 is clearly a better machine for me than my Vaquero. I'm hearing impaired and the display makes all the difference for me!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again all machines have a golden zone. By hunting vdi on the F75 you are missing deep targets. But how deep do you really need to dig right. I found my older F75 was deeper, but the DST does get the targets. That half inch is not a deal breaker for me.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned Racer 1 (red Racer) and the teething problems with the coil ears breaking happened..I contacted Makro via Whatsapp Android app, sent them a picture, they asked for my address and literally 2 days later, from Turkey to the UK a BRAND NEW coil arrived, with the new and Improved coill ears.

I was shocked, truly awesome service!

But soon as the Racer 2 came out, I just had to try it...so I bought one and have owned it for approx 12-18 months and I LOVE it!

I've found bits of silver, stacks of clad coins, a lot of old coins from 1700s 1800s etc etc.

It's perfect on dry soil, dry sand, wet sand and in the water...no falsing etc.

IMHO...having owned a AT Pro, Ace 250 and Euroace.....the Makro Racer 2 eats them for breakfast!

Matt.
My feelings is the Racers are just copys of machines already on the markets. They did not have to make anything, just copy what was there. Just my opinion and why I wont ever own one.

Semtav

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just got a racer 2 and really like it. Had the F75LDT2 on my radar to buy. would love still love to get one to compare to the racer. Maybe when the used ones are about 500 I might get one.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to learn the Racer first. If Terry says the Racer is good, id go with it.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
My Makro Red Racer is an inch or two deeper than anything I've had before. Now, I'm about to get the Racer 2.

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my F75 for about a month. When I got it I brought it to a friends that has a Racer. He lives near an airport and cannot use his Racer in his yard. The DST in the F75 allowed it to function where the Racer could not. Later, in Cobalt Ontario the Racer was a fine machine and served as a backup to his MineLab 4500, which was noisy enough that an older F75 without DST couldn't be used at 30' from the 4500. The Racer also had to have the Minelab shut off to function.

That's all I have observed, any more would be speculation. Oh, the F75 is clearly a better machine for me than my Vaquero. I'm hearing impaired and the display makes all the difference for me!

I've since learned his is a Racer 2. I don't know if that makes a difference.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I've since learned the Racers offer less target ID. Visual ID only to 6" or so, tone IDs which don't tell anything about which denomination good to 9" or so, a sound that doesn''t tell you what you have good to 13"-14" with stock coil.

My Red Racer can completely reject a dime while still detecting a quarter at many inches. IMO, in the interest of more American sales, they should allow more than 1-2 seconds to try more than one setting for a control, or for time to adjust more than 1 control. This would tell the denomination before we dig. Also, it would be easier to compare modes, different disc & sens settings, and more. The return to hunt mode should require pressing a button, letting us have as much time as necessary to make adjustments. Does anyone agree with me? Best wishes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread