Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F2 has numeric ID, pinpoint depth and faster recovery rate over the Ace 250. But it does take 2 9v batteries. The Fisher F22 is a better choice than both, IMO. Weatherproof, numeric ID, 2 AA batteries, numeric ID, fast recovery, better depth than both, tone programming, PP with depth and a vast array of coil choices.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say , times 2 on any Fisher over Garrett these days . I had several Garrett machines over a few years and I was never impressed with any of them really .

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, F22 > F2 > Ace 250.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look into the Teknetics Delta 4000 on Amazon same price now with a sale as the F2 and ACE. The Delta 4000 makes short work of the both of these in every department, it is a much better detector !

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard good things about Teknetics lately . I have never used one , but I have been researching some detectors lately and they seem to give a lot of detector for the money .

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Not an easy choice nowadays as it used to be.
I picked up a 2 coil F2 package in 2010 for $200 and went on to find about 10X's that in about 3 seasons.
Much fun, productive, target separation and speed were excellent...that pretty much free sniper coil in the package still has worth even in today's marketplace.
That small coil ended up finding me way more than the larger coils ever did.

Now you have many more to choose from, the new Fishers and the F22 appears to be an updated version of the F2 with a few nice features added, some still like the Delta, the Aces are kind of outdated but the new Ace series coming out in April seems to have addressed most of the original Ace's shortcomings and finally added VDI numbers among other things, a welcomed and obviously needed change.
Still no report on whether they picked up the speed on that thing and to me speed and target separation is very important.

Not jealous of your tough choice, no matter what drop the 250 right off the list because so many more on the market now with much more and better info on the screen plus added features in the entry level price point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kentucky Digger

Mar 29, 2016
Boyd County, KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150', Fisher F22, Garrett pro pointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not an easy choice nowadays as it used to be.
I picked up a 2 coil F2 package in 2010 for $200 and went on to find about 10X's that in about 3 seasons.
Much fun, productive, target separation and speed were excellent...that pretty much free sniper coil in the package still has worth even in today's marketplace.
That small coil ended up finding me way more than the larger coils ever did.

Now you have many more to choose from, the new Fishers and the F22 appears to be an updated version of the F2 with a few nice features added, some still like the Delta, the Aces are kind of outdated but the new Ace series coming out in April seems to have addressed most of the original Ace's shortcomings and finally added VDI numbers among other things, a welcomed and obviously needed change.
Still no report on whether they picked up the speed on that thing and to me speed and target separation is very important.

Not jealous of your tough choice, no matter what drop the 250 right off the list because so many more on the market now with much more and better info on the screen plus added features in the entry level price point.

Thanks! I've finally decided just to go with the Teknetics Delta 4000 since the price dropped on Amazon.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Here is the math relating to most any detector...

Practice+experience=more treasure and much more fun!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I've finally decided just to go with the Teknetics Delta 4000 since the price dropped on Amazon.

That Delta will serve you very well, frankly i use it almost as much as the Gamma and its a great machine. Try to keep the sensitivity between 10-11 and it will go deep on anything in d mode. Get bottlecaps, all different objects and perform airtest in "d"discriminate and A1/A2 mode and make sure you focus on how they sound close to the coil and far. Bury some targets and learn the machine, avoid the lust for newer and better. Trust me I've had newer and better and the Delta still appeals to me just as much. Enjoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions