Garrett Ace 400 VS Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro (video)

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video. I love using my LRP, if the ace 400 would have came out when I was shopping for a new detector I would probably be swinging the ace 400. The machine I really wanted was the at pro thanks to Diggers. Couldn't justify $600 plus other essentials so I went with the LRP. One review on Amazon said "I like my Land Ranger Pro better than my AT Pro" and that sealed the deal for me.

One thing that wasn't covered in the video is coil options. LRP is limited and may need adapters depending on the coil and the Ace 400 can use all coils for the Ace and At pro series. Other than that, another fantastic video!!

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video. I love using my LRP, if the ace 400 would have came out when I was shopping for a new detector I would probably be swinging the ace 400. The machine I really wanted was the at pro thanks to Diggers. Couldn't justify $600 plus other essentials so I went with the LRP. One review on Amazon said "I like my Land Ranger Pro better than my AT Pro" and that sealed the deal for me.

One thing that wasn't covered in the video is coil options. LRP is limited and may need adapters depending on the coil and the Ace 400 can use all coils for the Ace and At pro series. Other than that, another fantastic video!!

Thanks N5XTR. I did not think about a coil compatibility discussion...I should have. Always have all sort of points ready to go...and then I hit record and start babbling and can't remember half the crap I was going for. :sadsmiley:

I too wanted an AT Pro but felt like it was the "Ford F-150" of the detecting world...everybody has one. Then the F19 came out and I REALLY wanted one of those but at $799 it was a no go. I wanted to be different (and cheaper) and saw Phantasm and Loco Digger talk up the LRP so much...I was swayed and figured I'd save for the F19 later. Loco was kind enough to sell his LRP to me and now that the wife bought herself a new digital Gold Bug...I have my F19 fix basically. Life is good and I'm pretty content with where I am at MD wise. Don't get me wrong...I'm buying "whatever" if I see a deal too good to pass up. Wife scolding be damned!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions