tesoro-whites

findit

Jul 1, 2007
Has anybody compared these two.I know the mxt has tid and a couple other
extras, but has anybody compared depth .They both have same frequency
and about the same size coil, but would like to know how they compare
using them for coin, jewelry, and relic on dry land.And has anyone compared the tesoros vs whites in general or even tesoro vs minelab.If
say you had a tesoro and you wanted to get a second machine that was just as good or better and under $1000.00 which one? Another tesoro or
whites or minelab?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing these two companies is like comparing Chevy and Fords. Which models, year, features, and use are they to be used?

The MXT is a good coin machine but lacks the ability to hunt well in all areas or locals. Most same priced Tesoro's are a little deeper and Minelabs are the deepest that cover all areas or types of hunting very well. MXT's are heavy compared to lots of other like detectors. They are not hip mountable either. There are many features that have to be looked at for the kind of detecting that you want to do.

OP
OP
findit

findit

Jul 1, 2007
say for example the tejon or vaquero. all hunting on dry land. coins, jewelry, and relics

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
The Tejon is a great relic hunter . The Vaquero can be manually ground balanced and makes it pretty versatile for all types of hunting but less powerful in my opinion. The MXT is based on the GMT platform and is a better gold hunter but also a well rounded detector. All of them can find coins pretty deep. In my order of preference ; MXT,Tejon,Vaquero.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions