Garrett AT Pro Vs Racer 2

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I was certain( I had my Credit Card out :laughing7:) I was going with the AT Pro the dealer made a good price on one for me. But he ask me what I was going to use it for? I told him I would be relic & coin hunting on about 200 acres of land that had(log cabins long gone 1780s) old houses (some still up falling in) that has never been dectected (wifes family)

I would not use it in water and the number #1 thing I wanted is to try to keep it simple. I may only use it 6 or 8 times a year >>>>who knows hopefully more.

He said the learning curve would be harder on the AT Pro and that the Racer would be easier for me to use. He would sell me either one. He said he would make the same either way. He just wanted to sell me the right MD that would work best for me.

He said the biggest thing is the AT is using it underwater. I said I would only go in about a 1 foot deep & that is it.

So I am going to try out a AT Pro on Monday( a local dealer) and see what is like. I hate ordering something( Racer 2) for that much money I have not tried out. Also I like the fact that the AT is made here in the US and I really do not know anything about the Racer 2

So is the Racer 2 easier to use than the AT? Would the Racer 2 be better for me since I will not be in water? Are the Racer 2 well built and will they last?

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres a videos hope it helps. To only use a detector seven or eight times a year well you might want to go cheaper as is it takes at least a hundred hours on the at pro to get a grip on whats going on and im sure the racer would be the same.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres one for the at pro. To me the at pro is the simpler detector of the 2 its basically a turn on and go machine once you get the hang of it.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Racer 2 Way better than AT Pro IMHO.

Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread