fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another set of good vids there CD!!! Sad to see the T2 missed those coins but on the other hand that's why I'm gettin a DEUS!!!!!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video man...keep it up. :occasion14: That chatter is exactly how the Deus sounded in my soil...drove me bonkers at some sites. Only setting the silencer at 2 and disc under 85 would help...lower frequencies made it much worse. Still hit 9 inch pennies at 2-3 silencer. So grain of salt is needed with all the "silencer kills depth" talk going around some forums....."effects depth" would be more accurate. Kills depth?...No...

This video actually helps give me more confidence in my likely T2 purchase coming up. I personally love the First Texas beeps and was not a fan of full tones on the XP (sacrilege I know). The ear/brain fatigue was just too much for me. Also something to note is that the Deus can be adjusted to sound exactly like a T2. (you mention at like 4:45 of the video) Not that you would want to CD....but info for others if they wanted.

Thought the T2 did pretty well in this video. Great speed IMO...as not many people (if any) swing a coil that fast in the field.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It did do good on recovery but my friend if you dont like noise or chatter then I dont think your gonna like the t2 its a noisy machine chatter bug! When the humidity is high you cant even use the one in the video. Thats just my thougt on it , my hunting partner used it for years and now has switched because he saw what I did with it on iron infested sites. He thinks the deus is way more machine. I KNOW it cost more and I saw your post about what the wife said so looks like you got the breaks on.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure you were not hearing the t2 chatter the deus was running WAY quieter than the t2.If anyone swings a coil that fast their flash gordons cousin.
Good video man...keep it up. :occasion14: That chatter is exactly how the Deus sounded in my soil...drove me bonkers at some sites. Only setting the silencer at 2 and disc under 85 would help...lower frequencies made it much worse. Still hit 9 inch pennies at 2-3 silencer. So grain of salt is needed with all the "silencer kills depth" talk going around some forums....."effects depth" would be more accurate. Kills depth?...No...

This video actually helps give me more confidence in my likely T2 purchase coming up. I personally love the First Texas beeps and was not a fan of full tones on the XP (sacrilege I know). The ear/brain fatigue was just too much for me. Also something to note is that the Deus can be adjusted to sound exactly like a T2. (you mention at like 4:45 of the video) Not that you would want to CD....but info for others if they wanted.

Thought the T2 did pretty well in this video. Great speed IMO...as not many people (if any) swing a coil that fast in the field.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally love the First Texas beeps and was not a fan of full tones on the XP (sacrilege I know). The ear/brain fatigue was just too much for me.

Although the feature that allows you to assign tone frequencies and break points is great...comparing that with full tones is like comparing an ATP in standard mode vs. pro zero. To me you are missing a lot of information, especially in trashy sites. Break points and assigned tones are simply categorized dig or no dig indicators. Full tones tells you so much more about a target. As you know the problem is some types of trash ring up in desirable ranges. I actually played around with 5 tones and break points and compared it to full tones. In 5 tones I came across a target that rang up beautifully...a definite dig, I then switched to full tones to check it, and called "trash"...dug it up to check and it was trash. That's my experience anyway.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure you were not hearing the t2 chatter the deus was running WAY quieter than the t2.If anyone swings a coil that fast their flash gordons cousin.

Oh no...I absolutely heard it. Chatter like that drives me nuts no doubt about it. From what I hear the new green T2 classics are MUCH more stable that the older greens or the SE/LTD black versions with boost. I know I won't be getting the 10-12 inch coins with the T2 classic.....but in my soil only a GPX7000 is going that deep anyways. :laughing7:

The deal the vendor is giving me on it is impossible to pass up. (read the PM I sent back to ya) And like you noted..."the wife" is all any man has to say to make another man understand.

Although the feature that allows you to assign tone frequencies and break points is great...comparing that with full tones is like comparing an ATP in standard mode vs. pro zero. To me you are missing a lot of information, especially in trashy sites. Break points and assigned tones are simply categorized dig or no dig indicators. Full tones tells you so much more about a target. As you know the problem is some types of trash ring up in desirable ranges. I actually played around with 5 tones and break points and compared it to full tones. In 5 tones I came across a target that rang up beautifully...a definite dig, I then switched to full tones to check it, and called "trash"...dug it up to check and it was trash. That's my experience anyway.

Well my problem is the soil. USGS survey says I live in a terrible iron and lead congested area of Colorado. Worst of the worst. Since full tones only really comes into play with low disc/notch (from what I read anyways)...it just did not work for me at all.

I'm probably a 90/10 ratio on coin to relic hunting. I usually notch pretty wide areas being a coin shooter...only a bit to let nickels in...on occasion. Many times I notch all the way up to silver and just cherry pick. Seems like full-tones would be a waste for that type of hunting...IDK.

I have hours upon hours of experience hunting VCO tone with disc/notch on First Texas machines.....even that fatigues me after a few hours. So even if I needed it I would probably just suffer and choose my sanity instead. I would probably get vertigo and vomit if I used a Etrac or CTX....watched a few videos and there is no friggin way I could listen to that all day.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
read the pm I sent you hunter gt

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+Calabash

Your video was not a fair head to head comparison. During the video you state the T2 you were testing was older and known to have problems. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread