XP DEUS VERSE T2 ON DEPTH PART 2

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going to get into a big pissing match here but I have pulled several Large Cents from 10-14". I have no issues with emi and never have because my sites are in very remote areas. I care little about these videos that everybody loves to make. Especially people who have basically zero experience with one of the machines that they're obviously biased against. I care only about what people pull out of the ground with their machines. The T2 in just a few years has sniffed out lots of Spanish silvers, a 1652 pine tree shilling, 1664 cob, 1653 copper cob, rare 1600s Latten spoons, 20+ shoe buckles, close to 100 1700s coins and I can go on and on. I have hunted beside a Deus and it's a great machine. It shines in the iron with great ability to separate good targets from iron. My sites happen to be extremely early and they were not occupied long. The T2 is amazing at pulling very deep coins and relics. Once you have experience with it you can venture into the iron with it and do great. I'm nit trying to be a jerk here but you've got a T2 going crazy because of emi issues and you've got the sens cranked and disc down which has the machine even more unstable. This has a negative effect on depth. Any machine that is running that erratically will not perform well. The only legit tests that are worth watching are ones done with proper controls. Is this T2 the upgraded model and which software version are you running? I have many friends that are Deus user....deeper....not a chance. They will openly admit that. Better in thick iron absolutely. For the areas I hung the T2 is a perfect machine....I am ecstatic with what it has produced in just a few short years. But I jus t received my new GPX so I will see what both machines have been missing waaaaaaaaay down below. I wish you lots of success the rest of the season. You've done well so far

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own both these machines and have 100's of hours of relic hunting experience with both of them. For the type of relic hunting I do, they both pull their own weight in different ways. I run the T2 at Dics: 0, Sens: 95-99, Mode: 2+... BP mode sucks, 2+ is the bomb! I run the Deus, most of the time, in a similar 3 tones or 4 tones type of setup. I'm a relic hunter and all I'm concerned about is hearing ferrous and non-ferrous, and even at some Colonial sites I hunt, that doesn't matter because I dig ferrous targets too in the iron patch. If its non-ferrous, its coming out of the dirt and many times if its ferrous, its still coming out of the dirt! So I don't care about tones and I don't care about Target ID numbers. A park hunter, or beach hunter would have a different set of requirements. In the last year and a half I've probably unmasked about a dozen coppers by digging iron and nails, and 100+ of buttons in trash pits!

For the majority of targets both machines are very capable. The first day out with the T2, I dug two KG1's and a LC all around 11" and below the plow line. That T2 makes the sweetest sound on a copper at that depth. Sure, I can slow the Deus reactivity down and make it go deep as crap, but the reality is, unless I KNOW there is a coin a 12 inches, I am not hunting like that because I am missing a ton of small stuff, between iron, at cellar holes. Where the Deus shines for me is not in depth, but its higher frequency that allows me to nail those small items and lower conductivity relics that so many people miss. I thoroughly enjoy hitting pounded sites and seeing what I can squeak out from between the iron.

I can attest to Ahab8's skill with the T2. A few months ago I visited him and we were both excited to see what the Deus could do at his pounded colonial sites. All I can say is he did an incredible job cleaning those sites out. He spanked me on the first day and that was only because I zigged and he zagged, and the moons were aligned for his coil to make it over the good stuff... most of which either machine would have gotten. I did get to listen to the T2 make one of its sweet sounds and watched Ahab8 pull a complete shoe buckle at 10+ inches. (correct me if I'm wrong on that depth) Where the Deus shined on that trip was running in 18khz at a pounded site, and discovering a patch of pewter War of 1812 cuff buttons. All were about 4-5" deep and neither machine could hit on a small, low conductor, at that depth very well... but the Deus had a very slight advantage because of the higher frequency.

The Deus is my go to machine now mostly due to its weight, the ability to change frequencies, and my ears have adjusted to what its telling me. 99% of my hunting in 2016 has been with the Deus. However, I wouldn't hesitate to bring my T2 along to hunt with. Experience with either machine far outweighs the different capabilities of either the Deus or T2.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like.. Ahab8.. said and i agree with is that the T2 was set up crazy unstable that was not a good test.. Of course like Ahab8 i think all test are one sided..They show the detector you like best always doing the better job..

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. im not an expert with the t2.
2. I am biased hunted beside my hunting partner with him using the t2 and wasnt impressed with it. thats a personal issue dont like the tones and the chatter.It doesnt have memory either so you have to go thur the whole spill everytime you cut it off and back on thats one more downside.
3.I set it up like I was told and hes used it for years. btw he aint no rookie either has made magizine covers and some of his finds are in books they are so rare..
4. I hunt iron infested sites alot of times so the Deus works better for me.
5. the thing is a chatter bug ,it has the update and when it rains or the hummidity is high this unit becomes unuseable.I know teknetics has fixed that on newer models.
6. is the t2 a good machine alot of peolple use it and kill it with it. So I would say it is.
7.Is the deus deeper than the t2 in the test I did it was. I had my reactivity on 2 too I dont hunt below that.
8. Am I pushing the deus? YES! WHY? Imo its the superior machine not saying the t2 is a dog.
9.If you want to see the full potential of the deus in iron use a full tones program and it will glide over the iron and lift non ferrous from it.
10. As for the videos go if you dont like them dont watch them, for wanting to see what a machine pulls out of the ground keep watching Ive got a real good feeling its going to be a great relic season this year got some killer new spots.

everyone has there take on a machine and thats ok . HH

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
1. im not an expert with the t2.
2. I am biased hunted beside my hunting partner with him using the t2 and wasnt impressed with it. thats a personal issue dont like the tones and the chatter.It doesnt have memory either so you have to go thur the whole spill everytime you cut it off and back on thats one more downside.
3.I set it up like I was told and hes used it for years. btw he aint no rookie either has made magizine covers and some of his finds are in books they are so rare..
4. I hunt iron infested sites alot of times so the Deus works better for me.
5. the thing is a chatter bug ,it has the update and when it rains or the hummidity is high this unit becomes unuseable.I know teknetics has fixed that on newer models.
6. is the t2 a good machine alot of peolple use it and kill it with it. So I would say it is.
7.Is the deus deeper than the t2 in the test I did it was. I had my reactivity on 2 too I dont hunt below that.
8. Am I pushing the deus? YES! WHY? Imo its the superior machine not saying the t2 is a dog.
9.If you want to see the full potential of the deus in iron use a full tones program and it will glide over the iron and lift non ferrous from it.
10. As for the videos go if you dont like them dont watch them, for wanting to see what a machine pulls out of the ground keep watching Ive got a real good feeling its going to be a great relic season this year got some killer new spots.

everyone has there take on a machine and thats ok . HH
I will give you a like on that post...

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a question what percentage of targets have you guys dug in your career that were over lets say 9 inchs. I would say 99 % of mine have been 9inchs and under.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey calabash did you switch back to the stock stem from the Anderson?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a question what percentage of targets have you guys dug in your career that were over lets say 9 inchs. I would say 99 % of mine have been 9inchs and under.
Most of mine have been 6 to 8 inches mostly 6 inches a very few at 9 or 10 inches.. For most of my hunting are around old foundation's and old cellar holes..

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to me seperation is the key factor in my style of hunting not depth but 12 inchs on a coin is plenty deep enough,love hunting in the thick iron where the old house stood. jadocs got my 11 on the anderson shaft.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am certainly not the most experienced person on here. I have a new T2 Classic and it is quite until you crank it all the way up. If I am looking at the Deus you are talking about it goes for about $1500.00 to $1800.00. I would certainly hope for twice the price you would get more features and performance for that money!!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to me seperation is the key factor in my style of hunting not depth but 12 inchs on a coin is plenty deep enough,love hunting in the thick iron where the old house stood. jadocs got my 11 on the anderson shaft.

In iron, I use my T2 with the 5" coil and can sniff out targets between the iron but I lose a little on depth. I honestly don't think the Deus will put my T2 to shame but I welcome the challenge and I honestly want to be proven wrong. I'll only believe it though if I witness it first hand and no offense but I would never buy a machine based on a youtube comparison video. Regardless, good luck out there and I hope you slay it this year!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1225-1265 is what you can get them for. You are correct for the money it better out perform a lower priced detector. If it didnt mine would be on ebay and I would be waiting on a new t2 classic to arrive on the brown truck.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am certainly not the most experienced person on here. I have a new T2 Classic and it is quite until you crank it all the way up. If I am looking at the Deus you are talking about it goes for about $1500.00 to $1800.00. I would certainly hope for twice the price you would get more features and performance for that money!!

The classic was very chattery but I learned to live with it. Power lines were a site killer though but other than that I did well with it.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In iron, I use my T2 with the 5" coil and can sniff out targets between the iron but I lose a little on depth. I honestly don't think the Deus will put my T2 to shame but I welcome the challenge and I honestly want to be proven wrong. I'll only believe it though if I witness it first hand and no offense but I would never buy a machine based on a youtube comparison video. Regardless, good luck out there and I hope you slay it this year!
I have seen test done on youtube that I didnt like or agree with either. I like to read post about detectors too before I buy. I would love to put the 9 inch coil againest the 5 , to me the nine on the deus is like a sniper coil on steriods in the iron. The t2 should do very well in iron with the 5 it has a very fast recovery speed. The 9 inch coil seperates VERY well on the deus also. I would agree with what was said above experience is a BIG deal when hunting in the iron.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The XP and T2 are the only detectors I have ever dug a coin past 8 inches with.....Colorado soil be damned.

Dug 4X pennies at 8-10 inches with Loco-Diggers XP.....good ID....knew it was a penny or dime each time. XY menu was straight as could be on all of them.

Dug a penny at 8 inches with good ID first day out with my T2 Classic....solid ID....knew it was a penny or dime as well. Followed that up with a good 9 inch penny the following hunt...good ID as well.

Seems to me they both do great to 8-10 inches. I will assume the black T2 will do even better than my green classic.

I live in a pretty terrible area of Colorado....in my backyard neither will ID a 5 inch quarter and miss on tone 75% of the swings. Have to drive 30-40 minutes away to get good soil where 8-9 inch depths are possible. They both win and fail in the same areas as far as depth and bad soil goes...IMO anyways.

That being said...if I could afford the $1200 or have found a great used deal....I would be using the XP. I have never held anything like it and probably never will. So light...so customizable....wireless....USB charging...loved it.

That being said...super happy with my T2 Classic at 1/3rd the price....(1/4 after my vendor deal)

Grain of salt as always....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that makes me glad for the soil we have here.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where are you guys seeing the $1,200 XP's ? Are you talking about bare bones, everywhere I look they are in the $1,500 range.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That 5" is lethal on the T2! I sniped some great targets and used it to sift many trash pits. Sadly I don't carry it into the field much anymore, but I wish XP would make a 5" coil.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
That 5" is lethal on the T2! I sniped some great targets and used it to sift many trash pits. Sadly I don't carry it into the field much anymore, but I wish XP would make a 5" coil.

I was just out this morning sifting a soccer field parking lot edge with the Deus thinking how XP should have invested R&D $ into a 6" round coil (5" would work too) instead of a box coil. I don't see people in the States clamoring for one of those, but put out a sub-6" coil and people would line up. Just one of many thoughts on the Deus over coffee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread