XP DEUS VERSE THE CTX 30/30 IN MY TEST GARDEN.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good job CD...as always! Your video validates why I own both machines. Beach and Land...two different worlds.

Soldier on...

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No question at all which hits the target harder. Great vid.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks got a coinshooting video that will be up next. Jadocs remember what I told you about what that guy on the other forum said proofs in the pudding!

sube

Jan 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try slowing down your sweep speed with the ctx and see what you get . sube

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a fair test and compared the ctx to the deus for relics. Check the video out and tell me I wasn't on point about the ctx and deus. For relics the deus eats the ctx alive I will let the coinshooters debate about coinshooting and don't let me forget it also blisters the mackro racer 2..BTW I responed to your post over on the garrett forum too .

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I respect the depth of the minelab stuff, but usually the old good stuff is mixed with iron.......and they just seem slow, and clumsy to me. Might just be an illusion?

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Dues is known for relics but a test garden is as useless as fishing waders with a hole in them. Real time hunting in undisturbed soil is the only real comparison. There used to be a man on here that knew more about detectors than anyone I ever seen on here. He always said learn you detector and learn it well and no one will out hunt you with any brand or model of detector. He said your a novice until you have 500 hours on any one detector. It's all in the sound.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Dues is known for relics but a test garden is as useless as fishing waders with a hole in them. Real time hunting in undisturbed soil is the only real comparison. There used to be a man on here that knew more about detectors than anyone I ever seen on here. He always said learn you detector and learn it well and no one will out hunt you with any brand or model of detector. He said your a novice until you have 500 hours on any one detector. It's all in the sound.

I can give my wife a Deus and 40 hours practice and she can out hunt him all day with his ACE 250 in iron.

A man's capabilities is only limited by the machines capabilities and his IQ. A more modern machine has more capabilities and all the skills in the world can't make an old machine compete with new technology.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rule #1, get ANY detector and take it outside and use it. You will find stuff.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Test gardens are useful tools to help train your ear on the sounds various targets give off and to help you test ways to unmask targets (i.e., they help you get to the 500 hours you speak of) and for troubleshooting your detector, so regardless of what you think of them for detector comparison purposes, they have their use. To be clear, I am not saying that 500 hours should come in a test garden, it should come in the field, I am just saying that it is a tool in the toolkit that can help with the learning curve on a new detector.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Test gardens are valuable tools once they age. A new test garden will tell you very little, but one that is several years old will tell you a lot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Test gardens are valuable tools once they age. A new test garden will tell you very little, but one that is several years old will tell you a lot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I understand what you are getting at (halo effect, etc.). But a test garden doesn't have to be old to be a useful ear training tool. Not all desirable targets are 10" seated dimes or dropped minie balls. And even older targets are constantly being disturbed in farm fields or by modern construction. Again, what I am pointing to here are blanket, absolute statements like test gardens are useless or only aged test gardens are valuable tools. My point is test gardens can be valuable, regardless of age, depending on what you are using them for. If you want to know what a 10"minie sounds like sitting next to a nail, an older test garden will likely sound more like what you will actually encounter in the field (but yes it will not be spot òn, either - that's where the 500 hours of real swinging comes in to play). However, if you want to know what a relatively recently dropped gold chain bracelet in trashy ground will sound like or you want to try to differentiate the subtle tonal difference between nickels, pull tabs, and gold rings, you don't have to wait months after you bury them in your test garden to find out. And, yes, you may be able to accomplish your goal with air tests, too. Again, it all depends on your objective.

Last edited:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to see a comparison with a whites ,tesoro fisher and garrett included .saying these two machines are better than all the rest without a true comparison is ...lip flap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread