Nokta Fors Relic vs T2 or F75

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off I just want to make it clear that I am not a big fan of First Texas products.....I feel they are under built and overhyped. However, I have used both the f75 and T2 with descent success. Now, on to the comparison.....I have been researching and watching youtube videos on this new Fors Relic for months and it just seemed perfect for my style of hunting! So I bought one....well, wish I hadn't!

tThis is a higher frequency machine than the T2/F75 so I expected it to like tiny targets like .22 lead, etc. so we wont even go there. But this machine was suppose to be great in heavy iron....NOT!!!! Even with the small coil this machine just likes rusty nails way too much! It is a fast machine, maybe even close to the Deus, but when it hits a rusty nail every 4 feet and IDing in the 80's.....it gets old quick! Next is the worst ergonomics on any detector built in the last 10 years! The handle sets at a very sharp forward angle and the rod is offset downward at the handle while the arm cuff is somewhat high so your wrist is in a constant bind(very uncomfortable).....then with the trigger controls you only have room to support the entire machine with your bottom 3 fingers. Arm cuff is the smallest I have seen on a detector and strap might fit around a small womans arm. Machine is not heavy and would be somewhat balanced if not for the problems mentioned.

Performance wise,,,thiss machine is very comparable to the T2 and F75....tends to be a chatty, high gain type machine just like the First Texas machines. All metal mode seems deeper/stronger on F75/T2. The 2 tone mode is where the power lies on the Nokta, but still no overwhelming difference from the competitors. The Relic may be a shade more resistant to mineralized ground than the other two....but the ground is so dry right now it is hard to say. But I did notice that at any depth much past the 6 inch mark on coin sized targets all TID #'s were lost and you were digging by tones only! First Texas machines hold there #'s a little deeper than that from my experience.

The only thing I may have liked better about the Relic was the menu....really nice setup, easy to navigate through and set up. But you have to have the detector on its side to do so. The little screen on the handle is just that......LITTLE! My conclusion is this.....the T2/F75 will do everything this new Nokta will do with maybe the exception of small gold.....the big difference is the feel of the T2/F75, these machines are a pleasure to swing all day! Much better screens and more accurate ID#'s. So just hope this might save someone some cash since I have already lost mine. Happy Hunting!!!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks been hearing talk of the nokta impact coming soon.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No more Nokta's or Makro's for me.....

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting thank you for the objective post.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently running a Relic and have found it quite the opposite - Love the ergonomics and makes it a joy to hunt with 5" through to the 15" coil - Build quality is unmatched and their support is world class - Amazing stuff from the new guys in the industry - Exciting times ahead

Nice review DiggerinVA

ColinD

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2016
Ballarat Australia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors, Minelab GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a loan of a Relic for 3 weeks and ran it thru absolute nailfests on the Australian Goldfields, zero problems discriminating the nails out what-so-ever. Sorry, but for me a bizarre post to read. I use a Fors Gold which is the same pretty much as a CoRe and again it will chop out nails no problem.

WyoTrex

Greenie
Apr 15, 2016
Riverton
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same complaints about the ergonomics of the Fors Gold. It also loves to detect nails and bottle caps in the high VDI range. When testing head to head with a Whites V3i on a 4.7 gram nugget, The V3i is better for depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread