Teknetics T2 VS Fisher F19

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F19 is a shade better in the really, really thick iron trash.....but everywhere else the T2 wins.....and is deeper. T2 is still a fast machine and would be my choice of the 2. And i liked the G2 better than the F19.....and F75 better than T2.

OP
OP
S

sevier7

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so in your opinion G2 or T2? i kinda like the G2 but dont know much about it I wish teknetics would have made a cammo T2 I like the cammo version

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The g2+ is the same machine as F19 except for the larger stock coil and has a nicer rod assembly in my opinion. The F19 has the standard S-rod and is a little on the short side for anyone over about 5'10". And I am 6'.....
Still, the G2 or the F19 are not going to get really great depth, just really great separation. I recommend if you are only going to own one get the T2 ltd. It has a FA mode that will give you the speed to rival the F19/G2. And if your want to spend a tad more get the F75ltd as it saves settings when powered off, has a backlight and a few other extras. This was my favorite of the 4 machines....also the deepest in my experience.

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The g2+ is the same machine as F19 except for the larger stock coil and has a nicer rod assembly in my opinion. The F19 has the standard S-rod and is a little on the short side for anyone over about 5'10". And I am 6'.....
Still, the G2 or the F19 are not going to get really great depth, just really great separation. I recommend if you are only going to own one get the T2 ltd. It has a FA mode that will give you the speed to rival the F19/G2. And if your want to spend a tad more get the F75ltd as it saves settings when powered off, has a backlight and a few other extras. This was my favorite of the 4 machines....also the deepest in my experience.
Very informative advice, and appreciate how you share your experience with various metal detectors! Great value to us new to various MD's.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other advantage of the F75 vs. the T2 is that the F75 can accept coaxial/concentric coils while the T2 cannot. There are some situations where a concentric/coaxial coil has advantages over DD coils. The reason I consider that an advantage is I don't like to be limited in my options. That being said, the T2 is a great machine in its own right (I have used both) and if you don't mind that limitation, can be considered a good value pick vs. the F75. Also, make no mistake, the F75 and the T2 are very different under the hood. In my opinion the T2 may have a slight edge over the F75 in relic hunting while the F75 is one of the best all around machines out there. The T2 basic package out there now appears to be a great value for someone just getting into the hobby who is ready to upgrade from a basic detector like say the, Tek Delta.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions