doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone have either of these two to three detectors the Garret and one or the other of the mentioned Teknetics or Fisher units for comparison. Has anyone done a head to head on the Garret's Ace 300 vs Teknetics Tek Pro or even the Delta 4000 and even Fisher F2 or F22 for depth, item separation and discrimination. Please no Ace 250, 350's or 400's and just comparison on the Concentric only, no widescan either on all of these.

Thanks!

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than the f22 I have had all the others and compared them. The eurotek pro with the 11" DD coil will outperform all the others on the list on separation and depth. It also has a nice large screen and has adjustable iron volume and a faster processor. Yes it is chatty inside a house or near power lines but just lower the sens and you will still have better performance. The delta although still a decent unit for about the same money you can get the eurotek with the large DD coil for about the same price. I myself am curious on the new F 44 units from fisher but at this time I have all I need on detectors. Good luck and I am sure you will get several other opinions

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Other than the f22 I have had all the others and compared them. The eurotek pro with the 11" DD coil will outperform all the others on the list on separation and depth. It also has a nice large screen and has adjustable iron volume and a faster processor. Yes it is chatty inside a house or near power lines but just lower the sens and you will still have better performance. The delta although still a decent unit for about the same money you can get the eurotek with the large DD coil for about the same price. I myself am curious on the new F 44 units from fisher but at this time I have all I need on detectors. Good luck and I am sure you will get several other opinions

Thanks for the comments that helps me down the road and was always wondering on these and would make sense to go with the 11" DD coil and just wanted to make sure that the Eurotek would be the overall choice on these four detectors compared to my 300i, reason is was always wondering on getting a DD for it but from your statement on this gets me wondering on the 300i DD coil on depth and seperation now. i imagine I may gain an 1" or 1 1/2 at most and maybe ok just as...just so much on the Eurotek and has got me wondering I may use my Garrett and sell it later for the Euro.

Like what you said will wait for other posts, but with your F 75 LTD SE and a back up Tesoro I can't imagine why you would not go wrong with that pair.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well The back up tesoro was sold to a friend of mine recently who needed a unit himself. I used to be a major USA branded multiline dealer of everyone except the import units like minelab at the time. I have had some minelabs and have one now but I always do not update by profile. The F75 is a great unit. For the most part I believe First Texas makes about the best units you can buy for the money. No they are not built as rigid as a Tesoro or Whites but they are built good enough for regular normal metal detecting. In normal ground conditions here where I live which is in the middle of the USA, I would even put the Eurotek pro up against my Xterra 70 coil for coil. Only thing that the Xterra has over the eurotek is a heavier built rod and it has a some ground balance features the eurotek does not have. The numbers do not lock on as good with the eurotek and vary a little while swinging the coil over a good target. The xterra has half of the target ID numbers, only 48. Less than 1/2 of the teknetics ID numbers. With that said, the numbers will lock on a target better than the eurotek pro. As far as depth goes, I think they are on par with one another too using the 11" coil on the eurotek. Good luck though!!

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well The back up tesoro was sold to a friend of mine recently who needed a unit himself. I used to be a major USA branded multiline dealer of everyone except the import units like minelab at the time. I have had some minelabs and have one now but I always do not update by profile. The F75 is a great unit. For the most part I believe First Texas makes about the best units you can buy for the money. No they are not built as rigid as a Tesoro or Whites but they are built good enough for regular normal metal detecting. In normal ground conditions here where I live which is in the middle of the USA, I would even put the Eurotek pro up against my Xterra 70 coil for coil. Only thing that the Xterra has over the eurotek is a heavier built rod and it has a some ground balance features the eurotek does not have. The numbers do not lock on as good with the eurotek and vary a little while swinging the coil over a good target. The xterra has half of the target ID numbers, only 48. Less than 1/2 of the teknetics ID numbers. With that said, the numbers will lock on a target better than the eurotek pro. As far as depth goes, I think they are on par with one another too using the 11" coil on the eurotek. Good luck though!!

Thanks for the advice Tim. HH.:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread