How is the Target ID at depth in the Racer 2 vs the deus?

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious hearing from folks with actual experience. As we all know the Deus is the master in the separation department but the target ID sucks after about 4 inches. How does the racer 2 do? Thanks, Not trying to start a war, Just trying to find a compromise.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Id say the Deus target id is good a little more than 4". Im digging every good "sounding" signal thatalso sounds deep

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say the Deus target id is good a little more than 4". Im digging every good "sounding" signal thatalso sounds deep

Have you used a racer 2 because I am looking for that comparison? I have a deus and I think it stinks on ID, I routinely dig shallow square tabs(as well as other low conductors) ringing way high and that has been with both DEUS machines I have owned . I can't dig everything where I hunt. If I hunted only really old places it would be good. Looking for a happy medium between the AWESOME ID ability of the minelabs and the speed of the deus.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never owned a racer 2 but doubt its any better than a Deus. Ive never had a problem with lower conducters id'ing like coins. Where I prefer to hunt it is usually not modern trashy and if there is modern trash it is usually much shallower than the good stuff. Who wants to hunt an area with so much mid conducter trash that you cant dig it all.

Last edited:

Bill W.

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2016
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer, Makro Racer & White's TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the original Racer and the Deus. They're about the same in ID depth in my soil in Western PA. However, the Deus is easily deeper than the Racer. I have compared signals so it's not a guess.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Deus is a beep and dig detector like most (you have to dig it all). The only detectors that have great ID at depth are the Etrac and CTX3030...

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus is a beep and dig detector like most (you have to dig it all). The only detectors that have great ID at depth are the Etrac and CTX3030...

Yea that is for sure.. many hundreds of hrs on the ctx here. Just looking for a happy medium with the fast machines.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having now used both the Racer 2, and the XP Deus, it is a dead even tie on target ID numbers past 6" The Racer 2 with the stock coil using the two-tone mode is easily equal to the XP Deus in depth. I do not have a horse in this race. I've tried them all, and I still swing my Tesoro Vaquero every day.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea that is for sure.. many hundreds of hrs on the ctx here. Just looking for a happy medium with the fast machines.

Sorry.. but there is no happy medium... :/

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit I am rather spoiled after running minelabs for so many hrs.. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread