A HONEST TALK ABOUT THE CTX AND XP DEUS FOR RELIC HUNTING

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for spending your money and taking the time to put this together calabash. Bottom line for me when choosing a detector is the price. Sorry to say I am thrifty. Personal preference is also a driving force for what I swing, simple things like weight, balance, tones/sounds, target IDs, swing speed, and options all come into play. If I were a coin shooter/beach hunter mainly who likes a cool relic, the CTX would be my choice. Many people use the 3030, and stand by it. Again personal preference comes into play. If I did not run into the deal for the F75LTDSE I would be swinging the T2SE. I believe I would have found all the same targets I dug using the F75 using the T2SE. A good majority would have been found using the F4, the BH LRP, and Whites Classic ID II. I was in tune with the F4 so the transition to the F75 was easy (target ID wise). When it comes to my limited experience with the Deus is that it likes to ring big iron in as silver high tone high number, something my current detector does not do. My experience is still limited so it is used as a deep seeking beep and dig machine in full tones.

Thanks again for the video Calabash.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you get a little time under your belt onit and the big iron will not even come into play of course except the round rings.. My advice quit looking at the target id on those suspect big iron tones and listen to the tones and the nuances , the machine will tell whats there just got to learn deus .It wil click.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to watch when I have time later. Very interested in seeing your results.

I have a surprise to show too. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I can tell big iron alot because of forced tones and I just wonder if that because I have audio responce set on 5.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
did you have a video showing the falsing with the CTX 30/30? perhaps a live hunt?

would like to see that.

I tend to agree with your points on weight vs performance and relics where little modern trash is present. No need for visual id. is it non-ferrous or ferrous - all one really needs to know. Just beep on the non-ferrous and I'll ID it with my eyes.

But then again I've spent several hunts in the past month just targeting iron using all metal on a couple machines. What a learning experience that has been! I also learned I love digging iron too....so many cool things!

I appreciate the honest feedback with the two machines in your video. Thanks. :thumb_up:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont wish I had of filmed it but I didnt that day we were digging pits when I had my fill of it. I wanted to love that machine really I did loved the audio man the tones are great on it but passed it along and I am going through detectors and showing test in my garden with them. I just made a video of the tesoro cortes should get a good review from the tesoros guys . Thats one machine I dont get at all for 800.00 bucks what a joke. imo and im sure others will chime in and have different ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions