Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's pretty impressive on the Deus for sure. Minelabs are definitely slow for sure and I don't think you will find someone that swings one that will disagree. Don't you guys use rebar or mesh in your concrete? I couldn't get within a foot of a slab around here without a constant iron hit.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not much toning in that slab so I would say no it has no rebar in it built by my late father in law and his buddys might have skipped that step on that concrete pour lol. Minelabs are great coin machines really was just trying to show the deus and how superior it is for relics in thick iron.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for putting the F75 in one your videos calabash. I guess my next purchase might just be a 9" coil for my Deus.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you like comparisons calabash...so figured I would hop in here as we are not talking about 14 inch dimes for once (something I'll never see in my Satan soil in Colorado).

Duplicated the test after seeing the video...

Eurotek Pro with 5in DD passes both directions...and even if I place a 2nd nail on the opposite side. Nail-dime-nail ( both longways). Pretty damn impressive for a $220 machine with a $135 coil. ($355 total.) Will try the 5x10 off the F19 tomorrow if interested.

F19 with 5x10 stock coil...passes easily, 2nd nail long wise as well. Even put a 3rd nail facing 90 pointing north...still hit it 80% of the sweeps. Did not try the 5in DD as I know it will pass obviously.

F70 with stock 5x10 concentric...passes easily....2 nails longways as well.

T2 classic with 11DD passes nail first direction....fails dime first direction. Put 5x10 coil on T2 and passed both directions with ease...even 2nd nail added.

Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro with 11DD....yeah I know...didn't expect much. But amazingly it passed the same direction as T2....nail 1st dime 2nd.

Do you have the 11 inch coil calabash? Be nice to see the same test. Try 2 nails longways with the 9 inch. Even a 3rd nail pointing north.

Going to give you book test a try in your other video...thought that was pretty neat. I'll post there with my results tomorrow or Monday. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder why the f75 struggles so much with it? Let me know what happens when you elavate the nails above the coin that was a different story when I tried the racer 2 on that test. It outperformed the deus on the nail in the way it high toned on it good signal but when the plane of the iron got changed it didnt beat the deus on that test. It will be interesting to see what those detectors will do but please let us know about the swing speed involved.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was going to say maybe since the iron breaks at 15...but the F70 eats a long nail test easily. Made sure the swing speed was good...not as fast as you swing it...but faster than I normally swing it.

Think it's just the 11DD....slap a 5x10 and it should pass. 5x10 on the T2 made a world of difference.

I'll keep ya posted on the book for sure.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here we go. Did the raised nail test...2 inches above the dime...some results I was not expecting.

T2 does not like it much with 5x10 coil....passes but barely. With 11DD it passes with ease. Night and day difference....

Eurotek Pro with 5in DD fails totally...this surprised me.

F19 with 5x10 passes with ease...best signal by far. No issues with this test.

F70 fails the test with stock 5x10 concentric. I do think a DD coil passes this test with it obviously

Drumroll.....BH Land Ranger Pro with 11DD passes this test. Decent signal.

So there we have it....I'll post s video on Tues/Weds. Have one in queue already for tomorrow.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my video...sorry for being 20 minutes long but tested 6 detectors and 5 coils. Tons of info...and my thoughts as always towards the end.

Yeah I get a little snarky and fire a few shots...but I like a little competitive banter and fun. Little long winded like always...

Next video with the long nail test coming tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vPZ...el=TheHunterGT

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you set the F75 in 1f or 1n raise the disc to just block out the nail it will easily pass this test. If I am hunting carpet of nails with the F75 then I would only use 1 tone, it's the best at pulling non ferrous out of ferrous tone wise.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I almost always used full tones 0 disc on my Deus. Lately Ive been trying disc between 2 to 5 both in the field and in testing. 2 quiets the machine down a bit and 5 will knock out most nails. It seems that with a disc at 2, I am finding some nonferrous that I missed. With the disc at 5, the audio response is much tighter on long nail test. You will get fooled more by larger iron when using some disc. Youve gotta slow your swing down and use at least reactivity 3 to hear that dime next to the lengthwise nail too

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes toasted,,,running 9" coil and a disc of 2,,, will get rid of a lot of smallest nail bits,,,hence making the Deus sound off on slightly bigger things,,,but running disc at 2.,, when the Deus sounds of tonally,,the tone/area can be studied more.

Running like this makes the Deus what I call a better isolator of sorts.
The honer I call it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread