Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been testing some machines lately and after reading some rave reviews by the big wigs I bought a racer 2 .I was looking for a unit with a smaller coil choice for those special times and was really looking at the 10 x 5 coil on the racer since I saw a video of it doing real well on the nail board test. Elevate the iron and its game over! To say the least im utterly dissapointed with this machine .WARNING to all racer 2 users you better watch your swing (granny) because if you get a smidge to fast the target is gone ,its not forgiving at all.For all the rave review writers :BangHead::BangHead:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your 11 inch XP coil sounds better than the 9 inch in the other video...and my results show the same thing....bigger is better for this raised nail test. The bigger coils seem to penetrate or go around the nails better.

F19 with the 5x10 hits is better than with the 5in coil....

T2 with 11DD hits better than the 5x10 DD....

The Land Ranger Pro and Delta 4000 (both $280 machines) will eat this test for lunch and hit it better that the XP Deus with the 9 inch or the Racer 2 with the 5x10....or this small coil in this video.

Video will be up this afternoon where I show 6 detectors testing this test...bigger nails...closer together than the first video. I noticed in THIS video here you have them a little closer then in video 1.

My depth above coin was 1.5 inches.....tested indoors so even worse EMI than what you have...and my backyard has poles like that about 20ft away.

NOT talking smack...NOT making comparison other than this ONE TEST. You know I got mad respect for you...but I just do not think this test does justice for the Racer 2 or your XP Deus. Some of the cheaper First Texas units with different coils SMOKE the signals you have have in the last video and this new video...especially the 9 inch coil from the last video. That was one iffy signal...this 11 inch on the XP sounds MUCH better.

I would still like to see the 11in do the long nail test....your 9in DD was pretty iffy there too.

NO concentric coil passed this elevated test....but man they SMOKE it on the long nail test where they are level. Once again....not talking smack. I just think this test (and the other long nail test) is not something that trumpets the XP's capabilities and I'll show why in my video. Will be up in a couple hours or less.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
You are comparing the fastest machine in the industry(xp deus) to the second fastest(R2). What did you expect to see? Try the R2 vs slower machine and im sure you will see a difference.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speed will not matter on this elevated nail test...slower machine with larger coils eat this test for lunch.

The $280 Land Ranger Pro east this for lunch....while a F70 with a 5x10 concentric won't touch it. F70 is very fast....

T2 eats it alive with the 11DD....very fast machine as well.

It's not speed...it;s the coils used. Place a large coil on the Racer and IMO it beats that test.

IMO..this test dos not justice to the XP or the Racer.....as MUCH cheaper machines are killing it on this test.

But being a First Texas guy....i'm ok with that. :laughing7: :occasion14:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the racer 2 was the second fastest too but I dont know about that anymore because of the testing ive been doing with it thats why I bought the thing to test and make my arsenal stronger.
You are comparing the fastest machine in the industry(xp deus) to the second fastest(R2). What did you expect to see? Try the R2 vs slower machine and im sure you will see a difference.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video hunter ,But as you know there are more senarios than just the nail test. In your video you said it was hitting it better than the deus maybe so maybe not . I dont know if you ever messed with the deus set up that fast it really has a short tone very fast and clipped when its run that fast. There are alot of different features on the deus that put it way beyond the 280 detector your talking about.I know where you are depth is not top priority but it is here. Frequeny change,wireless, and a few other things. I will be the first to say fisher and tecknitics are great machines but the 280 machine doesnt rival the 1200 machine because of the nail test . It was a good video though. I need to keep a look out for some first texas product to test out. I do wish deus would make a 5 or 6 inch coil because that would make it even better imo.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah and I made it VERY clear in the video it was one test. I'm not the dummy on the couch you mentioned in the other forum post...I know my stuff and am simply not blessed with east coast finds here in Colorado. (Not saying you were talking to me in that post...pretty sure it was Surf Master).

I'm just saying...to fall back on depth as a catch all is not really fair.

The test was raised nails at 1.5 inches...and the XP failed to hit it as hard compared to the $280 machines. It was not a maybe...it was a definite loss.

To lose a match where YOU made the rules...and then go back to "depth" as your victory is not really fair at all. It was not the discussion...you have already done those depth videos and I steered clear.

My opinion...the XP is NOT the king of the hill when it comes to elevated nails...and sure as crap ain't king in heavy minerals compared to your soft soil.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No that wasnt directed at you at all. I fell back to depth for a reason because the way I saw the video you were making those machines equal or better because it was cheaper and could do it too. So all the newbies need to know there is more to it than just those nail test. Depth is part a decision on detector purchase. So a 280 machine can pass the test as good or better than the 1200 ,but the 280 can only get 7 inchs on depth and the other can hit 12 inchs both in the same soil of course. that is a factor

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The REAL test of ANY machine is in the field - period. People swing differently in the field, and soil conditions, halo effect, yadda-yadda-yadda, all make a difference. YouTube "tests" are ALL BOGUS. You don't know what a machine will do until you start hunting with it.

That's right, I said "ALL." :skullflag:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soloman has spoken and says ALL :notworthy:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Testing can show a somewhat how a machine will handle real world abilities but until you get a machine into the real world under the conditions in your area you can't get a definite answer. I use 4 different machines to work an area and til I have used them machines in said area I can not walk away comfortably knowing I did my best to clear it out.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got some good ones for the job!:icon_thumleft:

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epic fail....I've owned the makro Racer 1 and now owned the Makro Racer 2 for well over a year and absolutely LOVE it.

I've often gone out with my father, who owns the Deus and come home with coins from 1700s and 1800s etc etc....while he's just had clad.

Racer = FANTASTIC detector.

Matt.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant see the logic of using a Tesoro with its one tone. The cortes I bought I couldn't get rid of it fast enough but that's just me. The difference is with a deus ALOT of the time I can tell you its good before I dig it,no way to do that with a tesero so its kinda like running blind to me after using a machine that gives so much info. To the comment above about the racer 1 and 2 to each his own. I found the racer 2 to be the most over hyped under performing machine ive bought and that's being honest and not just bashing a brand. The deus true is more complicated than the racer 2 and it will blister it performance wise in the hands of a skilled operator that's just a fact but like I said to each his own. One more thing to consider among deus users and racer users ,go look at the resale values of those machines the deus holds its value, buy a new racer and then try to sell after you used it you will take a bath wonder why that is if its such a great performing detector????? just saying if your reading this and considering buying one don't say I didn't warn you. If a racer is all you have ever used it will not matter because you wont know any difference so that's some food for thought. I'm a relic hunter and not a paid spokes person for any brand and I want the best machine for the job period and the racer 2 aint it , go look at my finds with the deus its a proven performer period. Go do a search for the so called professional relic hunters in the states and come back and tell me how many of them are using the racer 2 ? I wonder why I cant name one? Any way hh and have a good day.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro is easy to find out what's under the coil. Called thumbing the disc. When it stops beeping go back until it does again, look down at knob and you'll see where it's discd out. Bam. With a bench test with common targets and where they disc out it's really easy. Spot on every time and handles iron masking really well.
With VDI you get alot of "averaging". With Tesoro, you can have a nail on a dime and it still rings when the nail is discd out.
Well it works very very well for me. I have yet to find a disc circuit as good as my tesoros. Sure unlike my nokta/makro but Tesoro is where my heart is. But you can see that in my list lol.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But like everything, it's a personal choice.
There's a reason I have each of the detectors I have and they each have their purpose.
Also with some time there's many differences in the one tone of Tesoro.
But like everything you need to learn it.

My say is whatever you like and gives you enjoyment, use. That's really what we are here for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread