Vaquero vs??

Chunter

Greenie
Mar 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does the Vaquero compare to other machines? Just bought one, Its better than my sand shark (air test only) and I know they are different machines. I like it better than my Nokta golden sense for the following reasons...light weight, 9v battery, has discrimination, warranty. I haven't used the Vaquero outside yet but the Nokta did have good depth....it just fell apart and was 2 heavy. Thanks and happy hunting:)

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Vaquero is a great machine. Watch Scannerguy on YouTube and see how he rates the Vaquero against some other machines. He also shows what GB'ing slightly negative can do for depth.

rob0260

Apr 4, 2014
Here's a quote from the book "Mastering the Tejon and Vaquero metal detectors." "Overall, the Vaquero with its stability and depth may be the best all-around metal detector in any price range." I have never used one but when I upgrade this will be the one I choose.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once one learns the language and nuances of the Vaquero it's very hard to get that performance out of other detectors.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most underrated metal detector on the market. Just a super machine! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread