Garrett AT MAX / White's MX Sport

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Understandably the new Garrett is not out yet. But I was looking to have some general opinions of how others feel that the new AT-MAX would stack up against the MX Sport.
Of course this is only on paper as no one really knows if the AT-MAX is a better performer in depth, target separation, conductive ground, proportional audio, etc.
The MX Sport is supposed to have better features that help tackle those issues when compared to the current AT-PRO.
I like that the AT MAX has a true all metal mode but so doesn't the MX Sport I think?
I like the idea of 20 tones on the Sport vs. the 3 tones on the AT series.
The Whites has target reject volume which I also think is iron audio on the AT.
Of course being single frequency machine performance on salt water is not the best unless your a Makro or Nokta machine.
Do you think the 175 points of ground balance resolution on the MAX is superior that the Sports auto track and track lock.
And most importantly the season is in full swing and the Sport is available now. Who knows the street date of the MAX That one factor can be the deciding factor for me. I can not wait until the Summer for the MAX
Thanks in advance.
HH
Jason

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mx sport has all metal. In my opnion on things I can see but not test. mxs has better balance in water. mxs also has a better easier to read screen. I know mine kills it in seperation and depth, hunts relatively well near EMI sources, and love the 20 tones(its like its speaking to me in some odd foreign language that i understand for some reason). So untill i try the max some day i cant say on anything other than it still has 2 issues from the rest of the AT detector line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread