Patriot vs Treasure Pro

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No contest, the Patriot wins that match-up in my opinion.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would try and save up longer to get a better machine so the step up is really worth it

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
New to you, or must it be brand new? If you can consider used, many are selling their AT Pro for $350-$400 or you could get a quote by e-mail or phone from a dealer for maybe $460 new. It correctly IDed over every pass a 7" deep dime, in my moderately mineralized soil that was very dry and hard at the time. Air test 10" on dime.

Makro Red Racer air tests 14" on quarter in 2 tone disc(weaker when deep) and air tests 12" on a quarter in 3 tone that has full volume at max depth. Many available used under $400 and $499 is new price, if not even somewhat less by phone or e-mail quote. Best air test of many detectors I own.

I had the F70 (like Patriot) had way more power than could be used, made coin-like noise on many coin type beeps w/out a coin. Maybe I had a defective unit or it does better in different soil, but another user said could probably detect a hot rock at 10" maybe those were my problem, Deepest coin 5 1/4 inches which I get with $200 units.

Fisher also has F44, very light and uses only 2 AA batteries & can be used in the rain. Lowest price on internet $349 but maybe a bit cheaper with e-mail or phone quote. Gets a good beep 8.5" on dime air test.

Rob[/QUOTE]

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that George had issues with his Patriot.

most folks find them pretty great. Here's a typical thread. The forum member "digger27" is the "guru" on this forum for the F-70 - he has posted tons of stuff which details how to get best results from this detector.

click on the link below to see a recent example from here on treasurenet.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/teknetics/543837-patriot-awesome.html

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Yep, I went from an F2 that I learned extremely well after 3 years and 1000+ hours and up to an F70.
I was aiming for an F75 but a fire sale deal on a brand new never used F70 passed my way and I went for it...best decision I ever made in this hobby.
I decided to stay in the Fisher family specifically because I understood the F2 language so well and hoped it would transfer over.
It did but there was just tons more to learn which I happily did to understand and utilize all the extra features, settings, power and abilities.
It dropped my jaw on my first hunt and found tiny silver, found gold on my fourth in extreme trash before I had a handle on all this extra power yet and now 3.5 years later my jaw has not rebounded yet.
For FTP to offer this same unit at $400 astounds me.
It is a big boy detector, make no mistake about that, not all the whistles and bells of the actual flagship but plenty enough to make you successful...even Dave J., the guy that designed both top end units, has said nobody ever has to think they are at a disadvantage if they swing an F70 instead of the F75 because they are based on the same core engine with similar abilities.
Mine has gone deeper in good soil than I could hardly believe, easily 10-12" and even up to 15"...and in the bad soil I hunt in now I am reaching areas that I never could before with anything and even past areas some friends I hunt with can reach with a few different detectors.
More importantly I am able to ID targets successfully in my devil dirt at deeper levels and recover them despite the severe masking that goes on around here that has kept them hidden for so long in totally scoured public sites.
Extreme trash, severe iron, mineralized soil, massive EMI...there is no site I have come across yet that it couldn't conquer with the right settings.
A ton of great coils will work on these things, both DD and concentric, and I use both kinds to my advantage.
They are not exactly perfect for everybody, tons have tried them and turned them up too high, set them wrong for challenging sites or just didn't get along with them for some other reason that was no fault of their own and moved on but for those of us that love them, learned that descriptive language to deep levels and spent the time to harness its abilities we bless the day these fine tools came into our lives.
I do on every hunt, anyway.

Some click with certain brands or tools while others never do, that is life in this hobby.
For those of us that did with these, and I am talking about the entire platform consisting of the F70/F75/T2 and now the Patriot, check the forums for who uses these and what is being said about them and what we find.
We are rabid and we are many.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread