Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that AT Gold just got SMOKED by the Deus!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just paired up my new Deus coil this morning. Worked PERFECTLY! No problems as once reported. Took it on a spin in the neighborhood and got some clad we all missed before, a merc dime (shocker) from a spot I had hammered in the past, a seated quarter (from a spot I had triple hammered in the past) a modern toy car but the same hammered area, boy it was deep, an 18th century ox shoe, another shocker and a bottle dump! Haven't done much with the bottles, think they are about 50 years old. Had to have a happy nap. New coil is a winner.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just paired up my new Deus coil this morning. Worked PERFECTLY! No problems as once reported. Took it on a spin in the neighborhood and got some clad we all missed before, a merc dime (shocker) from a spot I had hammered in the past, a seated quarter (from a spot I had triple hammered in the past) a modern toy car but the same hammered area, boy it was deep, an 18th century ox shoe, another shocker and a bottle dump! Haven't done much with the bottles, think they are about 50 years old. Had to have a happy nap. New coil is a winner.
I agree. Took mine to a hunted-out old park that has been absolutely pounded over the years and found an old pewter spoon and an old lead hem weight. And I know I've personally detected that same area at least a half dozen times. And I've seen others detect the area as well.

And this ain't out behind the bushes or hidden away where people don't go. This is right out in the open, exactly where you'd expect someone to be swinging a detector.

This thing really does make hunted-out areas fresh again.

Hell, I've even noticed it hits a lot crisper and cleaner on coins with this coil than with any of the other coils.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sine wave generation it uses will drive me crazy on the 4.0, but I'll get used to it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I am loving my HF coil (9" round in my case) - just grabbed $2 in clad in about 15 min in my "test garden", a local ball field that replenishes regularly with fresh drops. But the HF pulled several nickels out of dirt (it hits the mid-conductors hard) plus an old double quarter drop to match an old quad quarter drop the field gave up a few weeks ago. Stable and sensitive, I am convinced this coil outperforms the legacy 9" coil overall.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering about the max depth of the 9 hf coil even if its not as deep the stability makes up for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread