fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn good video Bash!!!! Lots of great info. Someday (hopefully soon) will be part of the Deus Nation!!!!! Looking fwd to the iron vid, that's where my main interest is.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a max run the discrim up to 35 and cut iron audio off... why? I could get it to chirp on deep dime with these settings and when lowered disc and cut iron audio on it ruined the signal. Would someone have dug it don't know but it helped the signal with the disc on...

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will be honest, after your videos, i'd **** can my AT Pro if it were not for it being waterproof. i'll use it in the river this summer. not jacking up my Deus and taking it in the water. so, the Pro will have its place. great video. science is science and myth is myth! :icon_thumright:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just goes to show you can't believe everything you see on the internet. Is it propaganda? I don't know. What i do know is my results with the AT Gold are way different, even with the smaller coil got better depth. Maybe the tuning was not set right. When you see someone making multiple posts, to me that's a sign they are spreading manure.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's funny ive tested the at gold in the same garden wearing the smaller coil and your claiming that its deeper .....that's spreading manure! You have a open invite to my test garden and we will shoot a video of your super tuned at gold wearing the smaller coil going deeper than the at max and upload it to YouTube in my house unedited for the world to see... here we go with that you insulted my kids garbage or talked bad about my wife... lol . My soil is some of the best your find for a detector to get maximum depth in... The problem is some will dig a 7 inch coin and claim its a foot because they don't know how to judge depth. I used a ruler when I buried my targets to get the depths correct and there lies the problem when I say nine inchs its really nine inchs and not just a 6 inch coin that some thinks was 10 inchs in the ground.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great head to head comparison Calabash! The AT on the 10” Merc. Sounded like a rusty bottle cap. I would not have dug that up based on the tones using the AT Max.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy up above claims his at gold with small coil will do better ! lol

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great head to head comparison Calabash! The AT on the 10” Merc. Sounded like a rusty bottle cap. I would not have dug that up based on the tones using the AT Max.

if you are running the at max, there is a SIMPLE fix, dig EVERYTHING. if you dont hear a signal, dig it anyway. not rocket science. :dontknow:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check out the video on all metal mode..

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice video CD. That was quite eye opening.

You know that people believe in their brand of machine, like people believe in their sports teams. I appreciate you taking the time to make that video for all of us.

Best of luck and hope you are feeling better.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you do the raised nail test with both? And point the nails at the coin. See what happens then.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very true! Did you get to look at the all metal and recovery speed video ? Its 4 minutes and it shows a lot about the audio of the max.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a tough test... The max separates pretty good but the audio is awful imo and really hurts the machines performance. The audio POPS and doesn't really tone on some targets around iron and deep ones. You can see it in my other videos. Really puts max users at a disadvantage in thick iron and on super deep targets. imo these are my thoughts on the machines audio and you guys feel free to disagree.
Can you do the raised nail test with both? And point the nails at the coin. See what happens then.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
At this point I’m not sure the new EQ will out perform the Deus. The Deus with the round HF Coil is formidable.
IMHO.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That is very true! Did you get to look at the all metal and recovery speed video ? Its 4 minutes and it shows a lot about the audio of the max.

I watched it twice.

I am Deus biased. I have an AT Pro, and it’s a good machine, however, the Deus is in a different league. Your video shows that. I’m ready for one of those HF coils like you use.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
if you are running the at max, there is a SIMPLE fix, dig EVERYTHING. if you dont hear a signal, dig it anyway. not rocket science. :dontknow:

Hearing a tone is part of the equation for me. Some hunt using tones, some hunt using TID and some use both.
Best of luck!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its worth the money imo...
I watched it twice.

I am Deus biased. I have an AT Pro, and it’s a good machine, however, the Deus is in a different league. Your video shows that. I’m ready for one of those HF coils like you use.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very interested to see what that machine will do...
At this point I’m not sure the new EQ will out perform the Deus. The Deus with the round HF Coil is formidable.
IMHO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread