Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1121 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

Fisher lab's F-75 & Teknetics T2

I was just thinking but are the Fisher lab F-75 & the Teknetics T2 the same detector from the looks and the Specifications they are the same detector....Fisher at $940.00.... the Teknetics $799.00....??
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

Feb 2004
    Colorado
    GS5 X-5 GMT
    25 times

Re: Fisher lab's F-75 & Teknetics T2

No

The F75 is an upgraded model. It really has seen good reviews.

George

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    116 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Or downgraded depending what your going to use it for.
    The early T2 should be avoided. Get Software Revision 6 and the detector should have the hardware improvements of the F75.
    T2's main advantage is the much wider iron range discrimination, F75 though does have a static all metal mode which I prefer to the motion one of the T2 in some circumstances.

Both show their Bounty Hunter origins. Build quality has been skimped to save a few cents which is a pity.

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by U.K. Brian

Both show their Bounty Hunter origins. Build quality has been skimped to save a few cents which is a pity.
    This is the main reason I haven't purchased a 75 yet. To me it looks like they were smuggled in from China. Even that "fish bone" coil somehow looks Chinese.

No bad feelings because I'm sure the F-75 is great but to me outward appearance means something.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Badger

This is the main reason I haven't purchased a 75 yet. To me it looks like they were smuggled in from China. Even that "fish bone" coil somehow looks Chinese.

No bad feelings because I'm sure the F-75 is great but to me outward appearance means something.
    you are not the only one who is concerned about the overall quality. i am curious about the fast response time, but first texas scares me a bit. i think i will have to take a wait and see stance and see how these machines hold up.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

us
    Looking for that ONE find.

Nov 2005
    South Central Kansas
    Etrac
    73 times

Or downgraded depending what your going to use it for.
    The early T2 should be avoided. Get Software Revision 6 and the detector should have the hardware improvements of the F75.
    T2's main advantage is the much wider iron range discrimination, F75 though does have a non motion pinpoint mode which I prefer to the motion one of the T2.

I have a T2 and I am not sure about the statement an F75 is a non motion pinpoint mode. That would be quite a trick to pinpoint without moving the coil. Kidding aside, lets put out accurate information on TNet. The T2 has a non motion pinpoint mode. The T2 manual is online see for your self readers. T2's are a dang good detector for the price. Have a good day.

Burdie

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    116 times

Thanks for pointing that out Elf. I did mean the Static all metal mode on the 75 thats not on the T2.
    People did pinpoint before S.P.D. machines came on the market though.

us
    Apr 2007
    Elmira, NY
    Minelab e-trac/Tesoro Cortes / Garrett Ace 250 w/15x13 sef butterfly search coil

I was told by a sales rep that the fisher has a more sensitive coil.

us
    May 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
    Metal Detecting

I had my Gold Bug 2 serviced just before Fisher was sold. When I called to ask if the rumor of its sale was true, I was told it had been purchsed by Bounty Hunter. That is why you send your "Fisher" metal detector for repairs to Texas now.
    Darryl

Sponsors