bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Re: Fisher lab's F-75 & Teknetics T2

No

The F75 is an upgraded model. It really has seen good reviews.

George

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Or downgraded depending what your going to use it for.
The early T2 should be avoided. Get Software Revision 6 and the detector should have the hardware improvements of the F75.
T2's main advantage is the much wider iron range discrimination, F75 though does have a static all metal mode which I prefer to the motion one of the T2 in some circumstances.

Both show their Bounty Hunter origins. Build quality has been skimped to save a few cents which is a pity.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

U.K. Brian said:
Both show their Bounty Hunter origins. Build quality has been skimped to save a few cents which is a pity.

This is the main reason I haven't purchased a 75 yet. To me it looks like they were smuggled in from China. Even that "fish bone" coil somehow looks Chinese.

No bad feelings because I'm sure the F-75 is great but to me outward appearance means something.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

Michigan Badger said:
U.K. Brian said:

This is the main reason I haven't purchased a 75 yet. To me it looks like they were smuggled in from China. Even that "fish bone" coil somehow looks Chinese.

No bad feelings because I'm sure the F-75 is great but to me outward appearance means something.

you are not the only one who is concerned about the overall quality. i am curious about the fast response time, but first texas scares me a bit. i think i will have to take a wait and see stance and see how these machines hold up.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U.K. Brian said:
Or downgraded depending what your going to use it for.
The early T2 should be avoided. Get Software Revision 6 and the detector should have the hardware improvements of the F75.
T2's main advantage is the much wider iron range discrimination, F75 though does have a non motion pinpoint mode which I prefer to the motion one of the T2.

I have a T2 and I am not sure about the statement an F75 is a non motion pinpoint mode. That would be quite a trick to pinpoint without moving the coil. :) Kidding aside, lets put out accurate information on TNet. The T2 has a non motion pinpoint mode. The T2 manual is online see for your self readers. T2's are a dang good detector for the price. Have a good day.

Burdie

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for pointing that out Elf. I did mean the Static all metal mode on the 75 thats not on the T2.
People did pinpoint before S.P.D. machines came on the market though.

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was told by a sales rep that the fisher has a more sensitive coil.

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I had my Gold Bug 2 serviced just before Fisher was sold. When I called to ask if the rumor of its sale was true, I was told it had been purchsed by Bounty Hunter. That is why you send your "Fisher" metal detector for repairs to Texas now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread