EQUINOX AND DEUS COMPARED ON TARGETS

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol! He's gonna be writing a check. Made me laugh.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:BangHead:

I thought I might save the money on it.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um, yeah that is what I am talkin' about. Seeing the same thing in my test garden between Deus and Equinox on lead, mid conductors, and even high conductors but mine was against the Deus white HF coil. I cannot believe it, but that is what is going on. This thing is just, wow.

Last edited:

fastliketurtle

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.. should have waited a few days before ordering the deus... this thing really is going to obsolete all other vlf detectors.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, hope XP still has some tricks up their sleeve with the Deus HF coils otherwise they are going to potentially get boat raced by this Equinox machine. I think there are still some "Deus only" detecting situations especially with the HF coil, but I am definitely seeing Equinox encroach on a lot of Deus territory so far. Competition is good!

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Calabash, your just mean. Your poor buddy with that deus looked very anoid and I thought he was going to wrap that detector around a tree. :dontknow: looks like you and the nox are doing great, mine should be here later today.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um, yeah that is what I am talkin' about. Seeing the same thing in my test garden between Deus and Equinox on lead, mid conductors, and even high conductors but mine was against the Deus white HF coil. I cannot believe it, but that is what is going on. This thing is just, wow.

I might quote you on other forums.. and get you in the middle of it if you don't mind....lol

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, your just mean. Your poor buddy with that deus looked very anoid and I thought he was going to wrap that detector around a tree. :dontknow: looks like you and the nox are doing great, mine should be here later today.

He always gets onto me about chasing detectors (hes been in the game 30 yrs and has taught me how to relic hunt but I'm the detector guy)) I have been trying to tell him something is up with this one.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.. should have waited a few days before ordering the deus... this thing really is going to obsolete all other vlf detectors.

We are all in the learning phase of this machine and time will tell. The Deus is proven .....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might quote you on other forums.. and get you in the middle of it if you don't mind....lol

We are all in the learning phase of this machine and time will tell. The Deus is proven .....

I still have a lot more challenging side-by-side testing to do and doubt my Deus will be going anywhere when it is all said and done. So no quotes, please. But unlike any other machine I own beside the Deus, it has come closest to supplanting Deus as my everyday machine, which is an impressive early showing.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there's definitely more to the story than that video if you're telling me a Deus won't hit a big chuck of lead at a few inches.... not even a peep. Makes zero sense. That being said, the Minelab will crush the Deus under the circumstances it's missing that target, because my Garrett Ace would hit it easy. (So don't think we're learning much here) Great to to see a real comparison, but there is definitely something up.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the freq the deus was running in... imo

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those freqs have a lot of effect on how a machine reacts to the conductivity of different targets...

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try it on small lead with the deus run 7kh and 17kh and then try with a hf coil at 28 and 54 ...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those freqs have a lot of effect on how a machine reacts to the conductivity of different targets...

If it's that drastic I have some experimenting to do, but I honestly can't see how the detector can't see that on any freq.. That looks more like the ground balance being WAY off. It's wild because I would think you'd have to try hard to make it miss that target.

So I take back one part of what I said as I do think there is definitely something to learn here.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A single-frequency machine can't compete with simultaneous multi-frequency detection, period. :skullflag:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, hope XP still has some tricks up their sleeve with the Deus HF coils otherwise they are going to potentially get boat raced by this Equinox machine. I think there are still some "Deus only" detecting situations especially with the HF coil, but I am definitely seeing Equinox encroach on a lot of Deus territory so far. Competition is good!

Agreed, competition is good! My biggest concern is XP taking a few years for a major (v4.0) software release and nearly a year for a minor (v4.1) software release. If they see this as competition and decided they want to stay in the game, they better get their R&D and QA teams working efficiently. If they decide to add some features or a new concurrent multifreq coil, and v5.0 takes 3 more years, well they might miss the boat.

I know we've talked offline about this, but I got the 800 as a new water machine. I didn't think it would have any use on land because I couldn't see how it could be any better than my Deus. After using my 800 for the first time last weekend, it has made me seriously reconsider some things and I have some decisions to make. And I'm not even proficient on it yet like I am the Deus. So I'm pretty excited to see whats in store.

fastliketurtle

Greenie
Jan 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, competition is good! My biggest concern is XP taking a few years for a major (v4.0) software release and nearly a year for a minor (v4.1) software release. If they see this as competition and decided they want to stay in the game, they better get their R&D and QA teams working efficiently. If they decide to add some features or a new concurrent multifreq coil, and v5.0 takes 3 more years, well they might miss the boat.

I know we've talked offline about this, but I got the 800 as a new water machine. I didn't think it would have any use on land because I couldn't see how it could be any better than my Deus. After using my 800 for the first time last weekend, it has made me seriously reconsider some things and I have some decisions to make. And I'm not even proficient on it yet like I am the Deus. So I'm pretty excited to see whats in store.
From what I've seen the nox is better by more than just a little.. it looks like an easy decision. I just ordered my deus with hf coil... before seeing all these tests.. and I'm ok with using the second best detector out there, until the 800 becomes readily available that is.. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread