The AT GOLD and Equinox on a unmasking test..

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted about this before but....I am a firm believer that there is a difference in unmasking and target separation. Some machines like the gold rely more on separation than unmasking. The Tejon with a 5.75 concentric is an example of a detector that is a great unmasker. It is one of a few machines that will hit a Indian penny directly under a square nail. Until recently no machines using a DD coil could do this. I have not had an equinox in my hands yet. But it seems to me to have a good amount of both separation (recovery speed) as well as target unmasking abilities.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the at gold sounded horrible!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted about this before but....I am a firm believer that there is a difference in unmasking and target separation. Some machines like the gold rely more on separation than unmasking. The Tejon with a 5.75 concentric is an example of a detector that is a great unmasker. It is one of a few machines that will hit a Indian penny directly under a square nail. Until recently no machines using a DD coil could do this. I have not had an equinox in my hands yet. But it seems to me to have a good amount of both separation (recovery speed) as well as target unmasking abilities.

I got a 8inch flat button buried at 8 inchs with a square nail directly on top of it, The Deus and Nox will smack it. The AT max will smack it too. The test with the elevated iron is much tougher on a detector imo..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another very informative video, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread