FISHER F 75 COMPARED TO THE MINELAB EQUINOX 800

Rszlazar

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, Ford Dodge & Chevy!!! No such thing as a better or best detector. Only "Different" detector! They all serve a purpose outside making the company money. lol
Stay Gold!
Opie

Oh wow

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No such thing as a better detector....:laughing9: You have been listening to John to much... Almost comical comment!

IMO...he is 100% right Calabash. You know I am a supporter and love your videos...but this is one spot I think you have it WAY wrong...and it is the #1 reason you catch flak.

It's one of the earliest concepts of human thought...like pre-Socrates/Plato type stuff....and seeing people tryhard challenging it is what is comical.

There simply is no "better" or "best" unless it is a competition...and this HOBBY is clearly not that for most.

It may be for YOU...but it is not for most.

Each user must decide on what "better" is - NOBODY ELSE. If they do not have the "competition" mindset that you do....you will NEVER get through to them. EVER. End of story.

Is an INDY car "better" as a daily driver than a Camry? No. Is a Camry off the lot a better race car? No.

Being "better" is relative to the user...not the machine. Nobody on YouTube or some forum will ever be able to change that. Not you...not TNSS...not me...not anybody.

A $50 Bounty Hunter Gold Digger can pass tests a Impact cannot dream of passing....and a Land Ranger Pro can pass aluminum/nickel tests an E800 cannot. Does that make them "better"? Not for you...maybe for somebody else.

Is a Bentley "better" if I cannot stand the feel of leather seats on my skin? Is a Ferrari better if I want to have a nice quiet cabin? Is a cup of coffee better than warm milk if I want to sleep? Is a 4K TV better than magazine?

For me...no. For the next guy...sure why not.

Hell...if a detector does not have a trigger switch for a pinpoint.....it will never be "better". Best invention on a detector ever.....

EDIT: I'm just playing devils advocate I suppose. I obviously feel certain detectors do "detectorish" things better than others. If one recovers faster...that is CLEAR CUT. If one passes a separation test better...CLEAR CUT. But when those other machines can do something like ergonomics...ID...battery life....battery replacement..."better"...there might be value in that to the user.

You know there are literally guys who have bought the Ace becasue they LOVE the bell tone...and LOVE yellow. Makes me shake my head for sure....but to them...it is better. How can another person argue that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks for taking up for me over there. I know Fisher makes a solid performing detector.....you been fishing lately?:laughing7:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pleasure man...that crap is nonsense.

I'm always fishing lol...if they bite is another story.

Got a gold claim video uploading in a week or so. Best damn day of my life.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will check it out!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMO...he is 100% right Calabash. You know I am a supporter and love your videos...but this is one spot I think you have it WAY wrong...and it is the #1 reason you catch flak.

It's one of the earliest concepts of human thought...like pre-Socrates/Plato type stuff....and seeing people tryhard challenging it is what is comical.

There simply is no "better" or "best" unless it is a competition...and this HOBBY is clearly not that for most.

It may be for YOU...but it is not for most.

Each user must decide on what "better" is - NOBODY ELSE. If they do not have the "competition" mindset that you do....you will NEVER get through to them. EVER. End of story.

Is an INDY car "better" as a daily driver than a Camry? No. Is a Camry off the lot a better race car? No.

Being "better" is relative to the user...not the machine. Nobody on YouTube or some forum will ever be able to change that. Not you...not TNSS...not me...not anybody.

A $50 Bounty Hunter Gold Digger can pass tests a Impact cannot dream of passing....and a Land Ranger Pro can pass aluminum/nickel tests an E800 cannot. Does that make them "better"? Not for you...maybe for somebody else.

Is a Bentley "better" if I cannot stand the feel of leather seats on my skin? Is a Ferrari better if I want to have a nice quiet cabin? Is a cup of coffee better than warm milk if I want to sleep? Is a 4K TV better than magazine?

For me...no. For the next guy...sure why not.

Hell...if a detector does not have a trigger switch for a pinpoint.....it will never be "better". Best invention on a detector ever.....

EDIT: I'm just playing devils advocate I suppose. I obviously feel certain detectors do "detectorish" things better than others. If one recovers faster...that is CLEAR CUT. If one passes a separation test better...CLEAR CUT. But when those other machines can do something like ergonomics...ID...battery life....battery replacement..."better"...there might be value in that to the user.

You know there are literally guys who have bought the Ace becasue they LOVE the bell tone...and LOVE yellow. Makes me shake my head for sure....but to them...it is better. How can another person argue that?

I love your youtube channel and vids but sorry to say you're guilty of making the exact same type of head to heads.....only mostly air tests. I remember quite a few where you were comparing Garrett ace, AT ect against Bounty Hunter and Teknetics units. I've never heard Calabash mention a "code" to enter to buy the Dues, Anfibio or 800.

Not busting on you but you're not immune to this either!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your youtube channel and vids but sorry to say you're guilty of making the exact same type of head to heads.....only mostly air tests. I remember quite a few where you were comparing Garrett ace, AT ect against Bounty Hunter and Teknetics units. I've never heard Calabash mention a "code" to enter to buy the Dues, Anfibio or 800.

Not busting on you but you're not immune to this either!

Don't "bust one me" and then say "I'm not busting on you" lol....I can handle a good ribbing. :laughing7: :occasion14:

You are right...I have made some VS videos. However, I've always peppered "the other" detector with a few compliments and even gave the Ace 400 a quite positive review.

Always said if you like that bell tone and the color yellow...this is "better" for you. Always said if you are a water hunter...the AT is "better" for you.

"Better" is always up to the person...not the machine. I've said it in my videos (and multiple times in forums)...this is "my opinion" and "better" may be something different for you.

As far as the flippant "code" remark...I make zero apologies for being sponsored...and am quite frank about it....the opposite of a shill (if that is what you are implying).

I consider CD a friend...and agree with him on ALOTm of stuff (even when a FT machine loses). I just disagree with him on the "better" thing. Unlike some people that take personal shots at him (and TNSS) when they disagree...I'd love to hunt with the guy and eat at his restaurant. Only a fool turns down hospitaility and and offer of friendship like that.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If there is a head to head section and someone is posting videos that fit the bill while not breaking any rules ect then there should be no flak given or insults like there has been.

The whole reason these videos are starting a whirlwind is because people ARE competitive! The views don't lie!

I mean no disrespect about the code remark. I love First Texas products and I'd push them too if asked to. Only problem then is I'd be stuck with only making videos with them and not my other machines.

Last edited:

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still feel the tesoro vaquero and tejon need to be considered, deep, accurate, fast, and affordable. Depends what you like.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is a head to head section and someone is posting videos that fit the bill while not breaking any rules ect then there should be no flak given or insults like there has been.

The whole reason these videos are starting a whirlwind is because people ARE competitive! The views don't lie!

I mean no disrespect about the code remark. I love First Texas products and I'd push them too if asked to. Only problem then is I'd be stuck with only making videos with them and not my other machines.

Just a heads up. Posting my vids here def breaks rule...you should take that down before the mods do.

In my opinion...."comparison" is not the same as "competition". Two objects can absolutely be "compared" wihout competition being a factor. Sally has blonde hair. Lisa has black hair.

I have done "challenge" videos where me and the ex-wife have seen who could come out with the most finds. That was competition for sure.

However, not once have I ever logged into a forum saying..."I MUST beat that GW button Calabash found"....or...."Man my Fisher F75 got beat in a test bed so now HE WINS...noooo!"

And you are correct....I do own multiple machines from other companies....but not on video. My comparison days are behind me too. Calabash is way better at it anyways.

I do have a video of a Land Ranger Pro passing a test the Nox just cannot seem to pass with ANY setting...but I'm probably never going to upload it. What would be the point? To say the LRP is "better"....obviously not true.

EDIT: Anyways...I was just nit-picking Calabash's comment...not trying to get off-topic to the post. E800 and F75 are both great detectors...E800 is def "better" for his wants/needs/sites/style. I do not disagree there.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a heads up. Posting my vids here def breaks rule...you should take that down before the mods do.

In my opinion...."comparison" is not the same as "competition". Two objects can absolutely be "compared" wihout competition being a factor. Sally has blonde hair. Lisa has black hair.

I have done "challenge" videos where me and the ex-wife have seen who could come out with the most finds. That was competition for sure.

However, not once have I ever logged into a forum saying..."I MUST beat that GW button Calabash found"....or...."Man my Fisher F75 got beat in a test bed so now HE WINS...noooo!"

And you are correct....I do own multiple machines from other companies....but not on video. My comparison days are behind me too. Calabash is way better at it anyways.

I do have a video of a Land Ranger Pro passing a test the Nox just cannot seem to pass with ANY setting...but I'm probably never going to upload it. What would be the point? To say the LRP is "better"....obviously not true.

EDIT: Anyways...I was just nit-picking Calabash's comment...not trying to get off-topic to the post. E800 and F75 are both great detectors...E800 is def "better" for his wants/needs/sites/style. I do not disagree there.

Surely will. Didn't know that was breaking forum rules!
I agree with you. I had a very competitive job for 20 years and when out in the field the last thing I want to do is compete!

I absolutly love my F75 but I find more keepers with the 800. I'll tell you one area the fisher crushes the minelab. Ergonomics. The 800 crushes the F75 in trashy parks for a couple reasons. One, the F75 has trouble id'ing pull rings and bits of foil. Both F75's I've had did the exact same thing. Also, all the tone adjustments and recovery speed of the 800 makes it a more efficient unit in these areas.

Yeah the whole 800 vs LRP.......No comment. Lol.

Can't wait for First Texas to release their new flagship. I got a feeling it's gonna clean house in many areas.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
F75ltd/Fisher Coinstrike/ Fisher CZ5/ Minelab Explorer XS/ Minelab Sov/ Teknetics T2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sense this is all funny.

I will say in a real world hunt, the Equinox would be killed by the F75ltd. It would be finding good stuff while the Equinox user would be digging nails and putting the detector back together all the time. My LTD is quiet as a mouse right under power lines. That one in the video wouldn't last long around me. The f75 gives a iron tone on targets too deep to ID. That's better to me than giving a non ID non iron tone on everything too deep. lol

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess you proved your point convincingly. Thanks for that.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude give it a rest...We all get the 800 TRUMPS EVERYTHING, but your words are insulting, and divisive.....We get it all others suck, and we should throw them in the trash...Do you work for ML?????????????

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will say in a real world hunt, the Equinox would be killed by the F75ltd. It would be finding good stuff while the Equinox user would be digging nails and putting the detector back together all the time. My LTD is quiet as a mouse right under power lines. That one in the video wouldn't last long around me. The f75 gives a iron tone on targets too deep to ID. That's better to me than giving a non ID non iron tone on everything too deep. lol

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but I've swung both machines and the EQ will curb stomp the F75 in everything except ergonomics. I'd bet even more so in highly mineralized dirt too......or under power lines, lol.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but I've swung both machines and the EQ will curb stomp the F75 in everything except ergonomics. I'd bet even more so in highly mineralized dirt too......or under power lines, lol.

I have high mineralized soil and the F75 sucked in my soil chattering constantly. The 800 is quieter then a church mouse pissing on cotton.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
F75ltd/Fisher Coinstrike/ Fisher CZ5/ Minelab Explorer XS/ Minelab Sov/ Teknetics T2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new F75s with DST are quiet as a mouse and deep. They should have changed to name to F80 or something because of the reputation the old ones had. I've already put it against a Multi Kruzer and the F75ltd Ids deeper. I'll match it up to an Equinox soon enough.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say in a real world hunt, the Equinox would be killed by the F75ltd. It would be finding good stuff while the Equinox user would be digging nails and putting the detector back together all the time. My LTD is quiet as a mouse right under power lines. That one in the video wouldn't last long around me. The f75 gives a iron tone on targets too deep to ID. That's better to me than giving a non ID non iron tone on everything too deep. lol[/QUOTE

So let me get this straight …. you would rather have a machine that calls deep targets at the edge of detection iron even though they are non ferrous???? In other words your digging a lot of iron with your F75 or missing a lot of deep targets because you think they are iron...:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread