Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new F75s with DST are quiet as a mouse and deep. They should have changed to name to F80 or something because of the reputation the old ones had. I've already put it against a Multi Kruzer and the F75ltd Ids deeper. I'll match it up to an Equinox soon enough.

F75 is just another (OLD) solid unit that is now outdated by the Multi selectable freq machines available in todays market..

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The new F75s with DST are quiet as a mouse and deep. They should have changed to name to F80 or something because of the reputation the old ones had. I've already put it against a Multi Kruzer and the F75ltd Ids deeper. I'll match it up to an Equinox soon enough.

My F75 is every bit as deep as my 800 in mild soil. The multi frequency machines are going to Id deeper coins better in hotter ground. It's just the way it works. Going over trashy parks where my F75 shut down they re-opened with the EQ. My silver count more than doubled this season vs using the Fisher last year.

Im not knocking the First Texas machine. I loved my new edition F-75 with Dst and no boost and really like the new plus I bought! Its my farm field setup with the Tornado coil.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
F75ltd/Fisher Coinstrike/ Fisher CZ5/ Minelab Explorer XS/ Minelab Sov/ Teknetics T2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{So let me get this straight …. you would rather have a machine that calls deep targets at the edge of detection iron even though they are non ferrous? In other words your digging a lot of iron with your F75 or missing a lot of deep targets because you think they are iron...}

May be and probably am missing some super deep stuff, but I am finding a lot of stuff in a field the owner told me has been hunted to death sense the 80's. Civil war area. Finding bullets, buttons, and old coins every time. I dig very little iron. Iron bounces real deep is usually not iron and I watch the iron meter before I go after a deep bouncer. If it is iron, the iron meter usually goes up checking the target. That's why it is useless to compare a detector you don't know how to run to another one that you know better. The operator is just as important as the machine.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom Line that is a weakness of the F75 . The Garrett AT series will do the same thing. I saw both do it in my MILD ground so in REALITY the operator doesnt have any way of REALLY knowing if the deep target at the edge of detection is iron or not. As for the fields your talking about carry a Equinox or Deus wearing a HF coil and running 28 kh and you will get a REAL eye opening experience....just saying...

The Deus and and Equinox both are better at calling deep targets what they are. A machine that calls deep non ferrous iron handicaps the operator and lets him walk right past good targets. SO as a operator with much experience please do tell us how to set up the F75 so it doesnt do this …..:laughing9: Btw I dont need a thousand hours on a machine to swing it over a deep coin or deep bullet in my test garden and know that its calling them iron.....

A machine that calls deep non ferrous targets iron is somehow better than one that doesnt....:icon_scratch:

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
F75ltd/Fisher Coinstrike/ Fisher CZ5/ Minelab Explorer XS/ Minelab Sov/ Teknetics T2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it iron, a pull tab, can slaw, or other junk. I saw the numbers and tones jumping. You knew what the target was because you put them there. All metal mode would be just as good watching the numbers jump around. The multi Kruzer would sound off hard on deep targets with no TID numbers on deep stuff. Could be anything. Try a F75 with DST if you get a chance. The EMI will be gone at 99 sens as long as you stay out of Fast Audio.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing for sure I knew it was not.....A NAIL (iron)... I dont dig by numbers and anyone who is experienced in hunting relics in iron knows the numbers are useless there BECAUSE all machines regardless of brand vdi numbers will jump around in iron. You bring that all metal mode to one of my iron patches and your going to get your feelings hurt. I am very experienced at finding relics in iron and basically only hunt iron patches. That's where the relics are.... Notice my Deus videos...I hunt by tone alone … Hard to dig a target if your machine is telling you its iron....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it iron, a pull tab, can slaw, or other junk. I saw the numbers and tones jumping. You knew what the target was because you put them there. All metal mode would be just as good watching the numbers jump around. The multi Kruzer would sound off hard on deep targets with no TID numbers on deep stuff. Could be anything. Try a F75 with DST if you get a chance. The EMI will be gone at 99 sens as long as you stay out of Fast Audio.

By all means if you want to think your F75 is the cats meow you have the right too.... Some of us know better than that though...:cat:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just sitting here wondering why a Kruzer is being brought up when the thread topic is an F-75 and Equinox.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was because it's another new machine that competes with the Nox and some say it's as good as the Nox. I was talking about a real world test with 2 that know how to run their machines checking signals each other got.
If he had sown me that he could get signals I couldn't, I probably would have one by now. It was the other way around. The F75 in the video was an old one and nothing like the one I have. I live in Town and I get no chatter like that. If I ever get hold of an Equinox, I won't say a word until I know everything about it. I already have a CZ5, Explorer XS, T2+, Minelab Sov, Fisher Coinstrike, and the F75LTD. It will take something great to make me think I need to upgrade. lol

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude give it a rest, your words are insulting, and divisive....We all get it, our detectors are all crap, and should be thrown in the trash....Do you work for ML?? Its not your videos that inspire scorn its your attitude..I might get a Nox, but it certainly will not be because you say my detector sucks...Try a little tact....You are not the be all end all of this hobby..Ive been doing this since 1975, and I do love tech, BTW....Ham radio (KD5YQF) is alot like this hobby..You can spend a little, or a lot, but at the end of the day you can still talk across the globe...Just try not to be so insulting to people...

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep it up Calabash sometimes one’s opinion will trigger some but freedom of speech is still free. Out of all my detectors my F75 LTD with DST collected the most dust. I had the 13” Ultimate coil as well, but my my soil in medium/high mineralization at it was a chatter box for me. It’s gone.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up Calabash sometimes one’s opinion will trigger some but freedom of speech is still free. Out of all my detectors my F75 LTD with DST collected the most dust. I had the 13” Ultimate coil as well, but my my soil in medium/high mineralization at it was a chatter box for me. It’s gone.

I will agree that the F75 might not do so well in real bad ground or at the beach. That's why I have the other machines. Do I think someone with the Equinox will out hunt me in good ground like I hunt with my F75 most of the time? Not at all!!!!!! One reason is ID depth. Another reason is the amount of ground I can cover not wasting time digging junk. I wont even try the F75 on the beaches here in NC, because I know my Explorer and Sov are the kings there. My CZ is great in salt for coins, but looses small gold in salt mode. No one machine yet is the best everywhere and the operators are not equal either. I have been detecting over 20 years and have used many machines and heard lots of hype. Now my coinstrike excels in bad dirt and black sand that my minelabs just nulls out in. It was killed by EMI though in many places with no frequency shifts on it.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS. Watch First Texas. They seem to have a few coming soon that will shake things up. That's what I'm waiting for.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will agree that the F75 might not do so well in real bad ground or at the beach. That's why I have the other machines. Do I think someone with the Equinox will out hunt me in good ground like I hunt with my F75 most of the time? Not at all!!!!!! One reason is ID depth. Another reason is the amount of ground I can cover not wasting time digging junk. I wont even try the F75 on the beaches here in NC, because I know my Explorer and Sov are the kings there. My CZ is great in salt for coins, but looses small gold in salt mode. No one machine yet is the best everywhere and the operators are not equal either. I have been detecting over 20 years and have used many machines and heard lots of hype. Now my coinstrike excels in bad dirt and black sand that my minelabs just nulls out in. It was killed by EMI though in many places with no frequency shifts on it.

I have to agree the F75 made iron sound like iron and the 800 can sometimes make it sound sweet. Pisses me off.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Brad was really hunting with it and not trying to say it was the best ever. Real results is what counts. If I get a hit on a 10 inch dime I planted, I know what it is, but would I have dug it when everything else bounces around the same way????? Once you put enough time in a machine, you can use your brain to increase the odds. That takes time. A head to head test needs to be real world with operators that know the machine and trying to compete with each other in many conditions. Good soil, bad soil, EMI, etc. From what I have learned over the years, it will probably end some wins and some losses.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, Brad was really hunting with it and not trying to say it was the best ever. Real results is what counts. If I get a hit on a 10 inch dime I planted, I know what it is, but would I have dug it when everything else bounces around the same way????? Once you put enough time in a machine, you can use your brain to increase the odds. That takes time. A head to head test needs to be real world with operators that know the machine and trying to compete with each other in many conditions. Good soil, bad soil, EMI, etc. From what I have learned over the years, it will probably end some wins and some losses.

I like Calabash lol He triggers people and I like that. He’s helped me out a lot with advice and such and I see what’s he’s saying about 4 machines in one. But that iron falsing in my soil can start to piss me off. But I can can the 800 is quite as a church mouse pissing on cotton.

He differently hurts feelings lol
That’s all folks :)

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can post informative videos without bashing other machines that you have not mastered. I post finds and try to help people with questions. I will not try to push a machine for a company that I bought a machine from. I will speak up when I see hype or misleading post. I don't have the time or a reason to post videos and get hold somehow of a lot of machines to promote a machine that I spent my money on. BS makes more sense than anything. I welcome a real world challenge just for fun, not to sell machines for somebody else. The operator is still Number 1.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started, I bought a Bounty Hunter Land Ranger and hunted with 2 guys. One had a Whites XLT and the other had a 6000XL Pro. 90% of the time I found the better finds. In my mind, I must have had the best machine, or did I? Most machines now will go deep enough to get the good stuff. ID, ground coverage, and the operator will get it done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread