Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres me best effort at comparing the two machines lol. Depth test and nail test etc on high and low conductors. Pop ups in the first part of the video to send you to the high lights. Ran F75 in BP mode and lowered recovery on Nox to 5 to get maximum depth out of both in a discrim mode. Settings for F75 were given to me by experienced F75 users.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The nox is definitely a superior machine to the f75. That's coming from someone who absolutely loves that Fisher! Exactly the reason I have one on the way.

Only two things that crossed my mind. 3 or 4 tones.....or delta pitch on the f75 would have registered a high tone in the coins. Still wasn't hitting the targets nearly as solid as the Nox though. Also. Let's take that s rod off the fisher and put it on the minelab! Lol. Also, was this test done with DST on or off on the f75? Oh....and FA process was the fast mode not DE or JE. It really does show the Equinox is a powerhouse and a crazy value IMO.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank was going off others settings.. I think this is the older one that doesn't have that but I might be wrong.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done! :icon_thumleft:

Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't deep at all in my garden when I did...

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PF is good when you have uneven ground or from what I've seen around high Emi situations.

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank was going off others settings.. I think this is the older one that doesn't have that but I might be wrong.

Thats the older F75 camo edition which doesnt have the DST feature. I also have this version and I know it does not have it. Yes you can send it to Fisher for the update. But honestly I think I might get the Nox 800! If the XP would have been WP then I "might" thought different.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PF can reduce falsing when hunting rutty sites, but you do lose a little depth. I see many EQ's being sold after the big "to-do" when it was introduced. I am sure it's a good machine, but I'm sticking with my Black F75LTD. Just dug these beauties on Sunday and all were about 10-12 inches deep.

20180819_104643.jpg

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome coins, Kevin! The f75 really is a copper killer! Dug a few in that 10-12" range (no exaggeration ). I'm just more efficient with the 800. My f75 was collecting dust so I sold it off.

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PF can reduce falsing when hunting rutty sites, but you do lose a little depth. I see many EQ's being sold after the big "to-do" when it was introduced. I am sure it's a good machine, but I'm sticking with my Black F75LTD. Just dug these beauties on Sunday and all were about 10-12 inches deep.

View attachment 1624075

Awesome finds my friend! To tell you the truth, yes I will get a Nox but will surely keep my trusty F75 Camo Edition with 3 coil setup!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome coins, Kevin! The f75 really is a copper killer! Dug a few in that 10-12" range (no exaggeration ). I'm just more efficient with the 800. My f75 was collecting dust so I sold it off.

I saw it up on Craigslist. Hope your still digging treasure with your new machine.

pinpointer999

Aug 22, 2015
Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd.
Fisher CZ21
Fisher CZ6a
Makro CF77
Minelab Musketeer XS
Whites DFX
Whites MX5
Whites IDX Pro (Mr. Bill mod.)
White's 5900/di Pro Plus (Keith Southern mod)
White's 6000/di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you Loco-Digger, the longer I have the F75 Ltd, the better i get at understanding it. It is a deep machine that meets my needs in relics and old deep coins.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox will triump F75 any series when used on medium mineralized or higher ground,,,especially on lower conductive targets, and especially on targets non coin shaped. The Equinox is what I can an extractor out of higher mineralized soil. Now add to the fact Equinox is superior to f75 in most ferrous ridden sites.
A 2fer here.

In my area in an old relic site.
F75 is akin to slingshot, whereas Equinox is akin to taking a bazooka.

Think about this.
Deus wearing LF coil will smoke F75 detector in higher mineral and ferrous.

Equniox will trump Deus and LF coil in sites with higher mineral and can exceed it in ferrous sites at times.

Part of the problem with F75 series is the freq utilized.
Both Deus LF coil and equinox in multi freq run higher.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find my 800 to be a superior cherry picker in trashy yard/park scenerios. Open farm fields i have no problem reaching for my F75.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find my 800 to be a superior cherry picker in trashy yard/park scenerios. Open farm fields i have no problem reaching for my F75.

You can reach for it, but it ain't there no more...:occasion18:

I can understand going either way with the F75 post Equinox (i.e., either keeping it or parting ways with it). I have kept my F75 (which ergonomically in terms of balance and user interface, I believe is the best detector ever), but admittedly it is collecting dust with Deus and Equinox and GPX in the REALLY tough dirt getting most of the run time.

But I can't seem to give up on my F75 regardless, if for no other reason than I am hanging on to a detector that can still accommodate a concentric coil. It is for that reason I decided to sell my T2 which was the backup to the F75 but could not accommodate concentrics. Needed to thin the herd. I also have an MXT which I think is redundant to the F75 but in their own right are just two of the greatest VLF relic machines before Deus and Equinox showed up. I cannot part with either of them but will likely need to get rid of one or the other.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can reach for it, but it ain't there no more...:occasion18:

I can understand going either way with the F75 post Equinox (i.e., either keeping it or parting ways with it). I have kept my F75 (which ergonomically in terms of balance and user interface, I believe is the best detector ever), but admittedly it is collecting dust with Deus and Equinox and GPX in the REALLY tough dirt getting most of the run time.

But I can't seem to give up on my F75 regardless, if for no other reason than I am hanging on to a detector that can still accommodate a concentric coil. It is for that reason I decided to sell my T2 which was the backup to the F75 but could not accommodate concentrics. Needed to thin the herd. I also have an MXT which I think is redundant to the F75 but in their own right are just two of the greatest VLF relic machines before Deus and Equinox showed up. I cannot part with either of them but will likely need to get rid of one or the other.

Oh but it is V!

Pulled the trigger on the plus package about a month ago. Been having a blast with it and to be honest it has been impressing me. Same here I just can't seemed to give up having an F75 handy. The 2F is killer at the old cellars and farm fields IMO.

Funny too because you rarely see them pop up for sale for the number of them floating around out there.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh but it is V!

Pulled the trigger on the plus package about a month ago. Been having a blast with it and to be honest it has been impressing me. Same here I just can't seemed to give up having an F75 handy. The 2F is killer at the old cellars and farm fields IMO.

Funny too because you rarely see them pop up for sale for the number of them floating around out there.

Ah, I wasn't paying attention to the time stamps on the thread. Ha. Good for you!

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL, Ford Dodge & Chevy!!! No such thing as a better or best detector. Only "Different" detector! They all serve a purpose outside making the company money. lol
Stay Gold!
Opie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread