Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan I am being very honest here and not picking or anything . You should sell that thing and get yourself a equinox. I know we have went back and forth but I am being very serious and its the truth if I ever told it. The Nox is a way better machine and is way more pleasant to use. Please dont take this as a attack BECAUSE its not. Its just some friendly heart felt advice from one detectorist to another.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, you wondered about the larger coil on the ATGold. I did my own test with the large coil on the ATMax using a US silver dime 5.5” down on edge. I used a butter knife to slot the soil and pushed the dime down making sure it stayed on edge.

I bow to your superior video making skills, so pardon the amateur attempt. But as you can see, the ATMax hit on the coin.

Thanks,

Dan

Go back and put a swing speed on the machine and see what happens instead of hovering over it. I saw in the video with the little coil what happened . It disappeared...

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure the 5 x 8 coil is the stock coil for the AT/Gold.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean swing faster than I was? I'll try it, but I don't swing the detector much faster than what was shown. I tend to go slow and methodical. Probably the kind of hunting that an E-trac user would do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread