PROS AND CONS OF ONE BEEP DETECTORS? - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: PROS AND CONS OF ONE BEEP DETECTORS?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    26159 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Godeep, that's funny.
    GoDeep, can_slaw and G.A.P.metal like this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon & Compadre
    1298 times
    I am also on some archery forums and I shoot only traditional bows....mainly old bear recurves and there is a very similar comparison there to the newest high tech compounds. But a trained traditional Archer is something to behold....not that I am the next Byron Ferguson, but I do see benefits from both.
    Direct descendant of:
    Ezekiel Lamb 13th VA Inf. Co F, CSA
    Robert Wyant 33rd VA Inf. Co F, CSA
    Thornton Dean 10th VA Inf. Co I, CSA

us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5444 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    Maybe you thought they were single tone as you were detecting so long ago the parks were filled with nothing but high tone silver coins ;-)

I can't be the only one who fantasizes about what it would be like to go detecting 50 years ago! Nothing but virgin ground!!
    Back then the parks and schools were not so littered with so much junk metal.
    Analog with Concentric Coils separated the coins and jewelry from the pull tabs and bottle caps so much better,maybe that`s y there r so many pull tabs for the Digital machines and DD coils to find now...i know i did not dig many with the analog.
    Last edited by G.A.P.metal; Apr 10, 2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Trump told me to !
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

ca
    Sep 2007
    Windsor Ontario
    Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
    144 times
    The single tone takes time to learn... and to the untrained ear would sound like Just Noise or just a beep...but to the trained ear that tone holds so much information.
    The only way to get your ears tuned to the single tone is time and use ...tones have 3 parts start, middle and end,info in all three parts...no it`s not easy...but so worth while to learn.
    Yes, exactly. Not something you can master in an afternoon.
    G.A.P.metal and Loco-Digger like this.

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    2397 times
    Metal Detecting
    "The single tone takes time to learn... and to the untrained ear would sound like Just Noise or just a beep...but to the trained ear that tone holds so much information."

Sooooo true! I wish I could've filmed my Mentor (R.I.P. Tom) hunting with his Whites 5000D...he had about a 85-90% accuracy rate on calling his coins. He'd work that one tone for a few seconds and be able to determine the denomination and whether it was clad or silver, wheat or memorial, and be within a half inch or so of depth. It was jaw-dropping watching him. He'd miss on a few...but it was rare. Thanks to him, I got to the point where I could tell a dime from a quarter with my 6/DB, and pinpoint to coin-size spots...but when it came to one tone interpretation, he was King, imho.
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

ca
    Oct 2016
    Canadian Eh
    Current:T2, Compadre, Vaquero, and 300i. Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
    323 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hate to say it I missed my old Whites 4000 D Series 3, found a ton of coins with that and lil trash as well knew a coin under the coil most of the time as well.

Cheers to you mate!

ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    471 times
    Yes this is an old thread but I'd like to add my 2 cents.
    First I'm open to any make of detector and feel I'm pretty unbiased. Now I haven't used a Tesoro Vaquero but I own an Outlaw and know it like the back of my hand. Like any machine it takes X amount of time to learn. My Garrett's were easier to learn than my Explorer. That was a big learning curve for me but I eventually got there. The Outlaw had a little bit of a different type of learning curve.
    I love my Outlaw and I loved my Explorer SE Pro. But since I hunt a lot of trashy areas the Explorer wasn't the greatest whereas the Outlaw kills it. It's even much better than my old GTI 2500. The recovery speed on the Outlaw in phenomenal.
    The Outlaw might be a one tone machine but once you really know it, it'll surprise you. Like Dan B. said and I agree once you really know a Tesoro you can tell when moving the coil over a pull tab by the pop at the end. I've accurately identified rings by the fast double beep with the Outlaw but for the most part yes, to get gold rings you have to dig tabs.

An example of what I do on an old property loaded with trash and good targets. I hunt in all metal auto and switch it over to disc mode and thumb the disc knob. I might spend an extra couple of seconds doing this and no my thumb doesn't get worn out. I don't even have to look at my machine or think about it now it's very quick. It's become natural.

My next machine will be the Equinox 800 and can't wait to learn it and then compare with my Outlaw. By what I know about the Outlaw and from what I've seen from the Equinox, I'm going to be very happy.
    Calabash Digger, I love your vids and won't knock you but in this one you know the Equinox much better than the Vaquero. I believe if you knew the Vaquero as well as the Equinox it would be closer.
    The main thing is to have fun and enjoy this amazing hobby.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI, EXCALIBUR
    7620 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I just don't like the 1 tone machine …..Just what I want to do thumb a disc knob all day were there are a 1000 targets in the ground. If you guys like doing that by all means keep on. BTW I would love to hunt with you guys and cross check some of those targets you guys called trash.

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3984 times
    Metal Detecting
    The more I do this stuff the more I realize these machines are all just tools in the tool box. You don't use a torque wrench to losen lug nuts......but you surely can! My impact gun will do the same job in less than half the time. I wouldn't try getting an accurate torque # with an impact wrench.....different machines for different scenerios. I'm learning the EQ is a Swiss army knife of sorts though.
    Ronzie and calabash digger like this.

ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    471 times
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    I just don't like the 1 tone machine …..Just what I want to do thumb a disc knob all day were there are a 1000 targets in the ground. If you guys like doing that by all means keep on. BTW I would love to hunt with you guys and cross check some of those targets you guys called trash.
    That's fair enough, one tone certainly isn't for everyone. For me thumbing the disc only takes an extra second or two as I have it down pat. I use to hunt with 2 guys, one had an E-Trak, the other an F75. I didn't take any longer than they did from sweeping a target to having it dug and the hole filled properly.
    My last pouch of trash pictured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180821_170337.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	1626002  
    calabash digger likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links