Nokta Impact and Minelab Equinox 800 at the park

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Tuesday my son hit a small yard that had given up a handful of wheats but no silver by an Ace-300. His finds were very impressive.
First find, a mercury dime.

55114058602__7056BC9D-AB0C-4B1C-8144-43F8F9C1DAE6.jpeg

Second significant find, 1945 walker half. ON EDGE!

55114123531__70A768A9-14EE-4ACF-A90B-29544635C719.jpeg

Then a 6 coin spill consisting of 1 silver Rosie, 1 buffalo nickel, 1 Jeff nickel, and 3 wheat pennies.

55114383062__1E4A9626-9D3E-498D-8956-5B88F206EBB9.jpeg

He finally ended the 90 minute hunt with 13 more wheats.

And what machine was he using? If you guessed the EQ-800 then you would be right. Not a bad haul considering it was his first time out with the machine. In fact, he did it by just turning on the detector and going with factory settings and no headphones.

On Sunday, my son and I hit a couple local clad parks. Specifically, we wanted to see if my Impact and his AT-pro had missed anything in an area where we both have both pounded.

Here are the results:
After about 45 minutes of hunting park #1,
park.jpg park 1.jpg

Not a single coin was found within the boundaries of the first picture. The area was clean.
The second picture with the park bench was a bit better. 2 clad dimes and 3 pennies.

The impact was running default settings on VLX2 mode and the Equinox was running default settings on Park-2 mode.
So, we packed it up and headed to park #2.

This time we decided to check out the area that gave up my gold ring with the gold coin, (arrow shows where it was found) as well as a slew of foreign coins. The area is small and can be covered from both directions in about 30 to 45 minutes.

After covering the area with both machines, one target was located by the Impact and verified by the Equinox as a desirable target. It wound up being a copper penny situated very close to a piece of trash. The depth was only about 2 inches.

park 3.jpg

Finally, we turned to another area of the park that has not been hit as hard.

park 4.jpg

Still plenty of signals and coins to be had. Interestingly, after an hour of comparing and contrasting signals, both machines picked up targets at an equal rate. My son found two targets with the Equinox that I would have dismissed as trash or nothing more than background noise with my Impact. They turned out to be tiny bits of foil.

So what does this mean? I don’t know, these are just observations and results of our day.

As time goes on, we will continue to compare and contrast our signals and I will report the results here.

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What setting was your son using first on the Ace 300 may I ask? Was it all metal or at least Jewelry mode before giving up to the EQ-800, strange it would not of picked up some items what the 800 would have found. Indeed comparable results and signals by those machines mentioned, I would still give the 800 the edge though over the others but I think it would have at least found some of those finds in my mind. Great finds by the way.

HH

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace 300 was used by someone else. Not sure how proficient the operator is with it but i do know he has been using it for at least a year or more. My son has been using the AT-Pro. One interesting tid bit on his first hunt.

As soon as he switched from 5 tone to 50 tone, the finds dropped to nothing. I am sure the finds will pick up if he sticks to the 50 tones. Its a big learning curve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread