garrett 5x8 coil verse the equinox 11 inch coil.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that the videos from "calabash" are often "eye openers" for me, and I have and do learn from them. Another really good video, thanks for taking the time and effort to share it with us. I should receive my 800 Tuesday, and am looking forward to learning it one step at a time...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very informative video Calabash. Don't own the Nox but do own the Deus. Really like it. Thanks.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife says im the SHOCK jock of metal detecting....lol

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife says im the SHOCK jock of metal detecting....lol

Well then I'd say you need to peel off and give one of the "likes" you've received to your wife. It' only fair.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife says I have a face made for radio. So I guess that is sort of the same thing. Now you know why I don't make videos.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife says I have a face made for radio. So I guess that is sort of the same thing. Now you know why I don't make videos.

Ah yes, a face made for radio. BUT....you could mention to the wife, that her having said that, it was after all SHE that chose that "radio face" by her own free will, so...….

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the same thing yesterday, a rusty square nail next to a dime, sweeping coil back and forth, hit the dime every time, but then I did a 180 degree turn and sweeping coil along the length of the nail, nothing, no sound, no dime. It seemed going along the length masked the dime completely. I will say though that I was in Park 1, which has an IB of 6, perhaps with 0 IB, going lengthwise, it may have been different. Should of did that BEFORE posting this, but right now it's 3:30 AM and well...…..

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how the DD coils work...one way a lot of times. Shows the importance of hunting a site from different angles.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's how the DD coils work...one way a lot of times. Shows the importance of hunting a site from different angles.

Absolutely. I gridded a field not long ago and dug 3 silvers garrett carrot deep after turning the opposite direction.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And I so agree with you, I was GOING to add that, but again, 3:30 AM etc. To newer guys, different angles, it's almost like a new piece of ground every time. Although, when I'm in a really large area, I pretty much aimlessly walk around as though I should have a note pinned to my shirt, "If found, please call --- --- ----, possible reward".

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do that sometimes but if a good find comes from doing that I start gridding. My buddy wonders but I grid …..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread