fisher coinstrike versus tesoro tigershark at coinshooting

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
thats an odd head to head eh? seems like the dedicated coinshooter should easily come out ahead right? well, not quite....

i took the tigershark out in my front yard and cranked the discrimination all the way up. my front yard is about 25 x 10 and hunted over several times with my fisher coinstrike. the coinstrike would go nuts due to the powerlines infront of my house. i had to crank down the sensitivity on my coinstrike just to get it to stop chattering. well, the tesoro didnt even flinch with the factory sensitivity settings. i found a quarter, several pennies, dimes, and a silver hair broche the coinstrike just plain ole' missed. well, missed aint fair but it would chatter soo much it was almost unuseable.

next test, the car body. the coinstrike would once again act nuts when near parked car bodies. the tigershark coil was just fine being within about 18" of the car. i found a few of the pennies near the car where i couldnt even hunt with the coinstrike.

next i went right under the power lines infront of the house. the coinstrike is pretty much worthless here due to all the chattering. the tigershark behaved and i pulled a dime out from the edge of the sidewalk.

about the only shortcomming i noticed with the tigershark was that the discrimination was somehow affected by the power lines and i was getting signals on zinc pennies where before they would discriminate out when i cranked the discimination all the way up. i tested the tigershark at an old local park earlier today and found a few bucks in clad and what looks like a spent ww2 antiaircraft round. cranking the discrimination up at the park resulted in broken sinals on zinc pennies and solid signals on clad and copper coins. i dug a copper penny in moist soil at about 8"!

all in all i'm impressed. the tigershark can deffinitely hold its own coinshooting despite its underwater intentions!

thanks to sandman for recomending the tigershark!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is more to using the Tiger Shark than meets the eye as you've found out. Now if we can talk Tesoro into reintroducing the Clean Sweep coil for it, you'll really clean up by covering more acreage faster.

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
re-tek said:
thats an odd head to head eh? seems like the dedicated coinshooter should easily come out ahead right? well, not quite....

i took the tigershark out in my front yard and cranked the discrimination all the way up. my front yard is about 25 x 10 and hunted over several times with my fisher coinstrike. the coinstrike would go nuts due to the powerlines infront of my house. i had to crank down the sensitivity on my coinstrike just to get it to stop chattering. well, the tesoro didnt even flinch with the factory sensitivity settings. i found a quarter, several pennies, dimes, and a silver hair broche the coinstrike just plain ole' missed. well, missed aint fair but it would chatter soo much it was almost unuseable.

next test, the car body. the coinstrike would once again act nuts when near parked car bodies. the tigershark coil was just fine being within about 18" of the car. i found a few of the pennies near the car where i couldnt even hunt with the coinstrike.

next i went right under the power lines infront of the house. the coinstrike is pretty much worthless here due to all the chattering. the tigershark behaved and i pulled a dime out from the edge of the sidewalk.

about the only shortcomming i noticed with the tigershark was that the discrimination was somehow affected by the power lines and i was getting signals on zinc pennies where before they would discriminate out when i cranked the discimination all the way up. i tested the tigershark at an old local park earlier today and found a few bucks in clad and what looks like a spent ww2 antiaircraft round. cranking the discrimination up at the park resulted in broken sinals on zinc pennies and solid signals on clad and copper coins. i dug a copper penny in moist soil at about 8"!

all in all i'm impressed. the tigershark can deffinitely hold its own coinshooting despite its underwater intentions!

thanks to sandman for recomending the tigershark!

There's more to using the Coinstrike than putzing around in your yard with it. In its element its a killer machine and highly underrated. JMHO

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread