multi frequency detectors verse single frequency detectors.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I would like to add to the above video is:. There are plenty of people out there serious about detecting but don't have the money to buy a new equinox or deus. You can buy a used Vaquero for around $250 and have the money for a pinpointer,etc. And you WILL be capable of making great finds. Same goes for an older MXT, AT pro, etc. No detector will make finds appear if they are not there to begin with, not even a multi freq. Machine. For a person new to detecting: just find a good deal on a machine made by one of the well known makers and really learn that machine! Just get out there and start detecting, don't worry about the fact that the guy on the other end of the park has a $2500 machine and yours was only $300. I will say...if you live at the beach and you want to hunt the wet sand and surf, you will probably want to buy a multi freq detector. Anyone else will do just fine with anything. We can find a certain place, time, situation to make any detector look superior. The equinox, I do believe, is a great detector...very versatile and at a fair price. But I can take it to extreme conditions near me where the ground has made most hunters convert to high-end PI units and the finds are deep...the equinox or ctx will not shine here, even when compared to other vlf single freq. Detectors. Only a hand full of vlf machines get descent depth here, but these are extreme conditions that you may never encounter.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done....bottom line is I now have a Multi-Freq. & 5 single Freq. detectors in one package with one coil, pressing one button. I have since removed the battery's from the others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread