Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, I dug quite a bit of gold with my Cibola, which I still have. I have always had the discriminator on it set fairly low. The gold each time blew my ears off and some of it was over 10" down. Beats me. I seem to break all the rules metal detecting! Just ask Vferrari! He's seen it.

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been detecting for quite some time with single tone machines to my mind single tone is more challenging and more fun, tones are more like cheating. Its like shooting animals with scopes on rifles. I have a compadre costing a little over 100 dollars that finds all kinds of goodies sounds like calabash needs all the help he can get

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the simplicity of the cibola. Great back pack detector. When I bought it it replaced my Fisher cz5 and I could out hunt just about anyone I was with but now it just can't get super deep bullets like my equinox but I also bought it in 2005 for 360 dollars. In it's day it had a lot of bang for the buck.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The only way I see it is to have the machines go head to head at the same site. Get a good iffy, does the other hear it, does changing the settings help. Nothing else is comparing apples with oranges in my books. I have upgraded to a bigger better machine-certainly. Gone back to the beat site and dug many targets and thought wow how great.
Then I have had the bigger and better machine gone to site dug targets-returned and dug more-returned and dug even more-conclusion I suck at detecting.....

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's like comparing a digital radio tuner to an analog one. With the analog tuner, you can tune in faint signals, but the digital tuner will just ignore them. Either way, nothing beats a good tuner. I have a Tesoro Tejon and it works well, but I'm thinking about buying a minilab 600 or a Deeptech X.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread