11 REASONS WHY NOT TO BUY TESORO - Page 14
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Like Tree473Likes

Thread: 11 REASONS WHY NOT TO BUY TESORO

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    614 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    I have gotten quite a kick out of this thread. During the 10-years I ran Arizona Gold Adventures, the 25 Tesoro Lobo Super Trac's we used found over 2.7 Troy pounds of gold nuggets and pickers for our clients. My Vaquero paid for itself within two-months with gold and silver finds. My Cibola only took a week to pay for itself. My Sand Shark, ahh, I miss my Sand Shark, found over $5,000.00 worth (melt) of gold jewelry on Long Island, and Bronx, NY, beaches in less than two-years. Musket balls, grapeshot, three-ringers, and clad, just to much to even count.

Tesoro started it's death dive for real when James left. He was the brother that drove marketing, advertising, public relations, and customer outreach. Vince, is introverted, and just wanted to teach school (which is what he does now). Jack (their dad), was THE driving force behind Tesoro, and when he passed, so did the Company. Great machines, built like tanks, and they can find the good stuff.
    RIP

Sep 2013
    Chattanooga Tennessee
    Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
    321 times
    Relic Hunting
    I hunt North Georgia. Some in Tennessee. I know Daniel In Tn ....he got on Youtube at a firing range that local hunters had been hunting for over 40 years and in his Youtube video , he claimed it as his own. He claimed he found it and named it Bullet hill. That is okay. He is a young guy just lile calabsh digger that has been hunting a few years. What Daniel did not tell you while bashing a Tesoro is that his new found Bullet Hill has some of the worst bad ground any of us in this county has ever seen. See , Daniel is not from this county. He did not know we had found as many as 10,000 fired bullets from this spot and it is a spot we saved for hot weather or to take newbie's there to learn to hunt. No Harm , No fowl Daniel. The only thing that bothered me was him bashing a Tesoro at the site. I have hauled so many artillery shells out of site that it busted a shock tower on the truck. My partner used a metal box Eldorado with a 11 inch wide scan and then a Bandido II Unax and he found so much stuff that he had to build a small building to put it all in while Callabash digger was playing in his back yard sandbox

Jul 2013
    1209 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Great thread! Lots of good info. Canít believe that Tesoro Cibola wouldnít hit on the silver!! I really love the 50 tones on the Equinox. Might be time to upgrade my AT Pro. Donít get me wrong, I love my Pro, but Iíve always wanted a Minelab and the more videos I watch with the Equinox, the more I want one. Having 50 tones compared to AT pros 3, would be nicer on the ears. I started with an Ace 250 and within a yr I got sick of that bell tone so I said I need to get me an AT pro...boy did I fall in love and now Iím feeling the same with the AT pro like I did with the Ace. 8 yrs with the AT pro, I think itís time for something new.
    OBN likes this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3186 times
    The sad news is Tesoro went out of business. So sad.
    3cylbill, RustyGold and SanMan like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI, EXCALIBUR
    7618 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by roaddust66 View Post
    I hunt North Georgia. Some in Tennessee. I know Daniel In Tn ....he got on Youtube at a firing range that local hunters had been hunting for over 40 years and in his Youtube video , he claimed it as his own. He claimed he found it and named it Bullet hill. That is okay. He is a young guy just lile calabsh digger that has been hunting a few years. What Daniel did not tell you while bashing a Tesoro is that his new found Bullet Hill has some of the worst bad ground any of us in this county has ever seen. See , Daniel is not from this county. He did not know we had found as many as 10,000 fired bullets from this spot and it is a spot we saved for hot weather or to take newbie's there to learn to hunt. No Harm , No fowl Daniel. The only thing that bothered me was him bashing a Tesoro at the site. I have hauled so many artillery shells out of site that it busted a shock tower on the truck. My partner used a metal box Eldorado with a 11 inch wide scan and then a Bandido II Unax and he found so much stuff that he had to build a small building to put it all in while Callabash digger was playing in his back yard sandbox
    You found some shallow relics at a loaded site with a Tesoro.....so what....It would not even hit a 5 inch silver quarter in my sandbox.....

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Carrot
    2143 times
    This Vaquero found Trime would beg to differ.

Name:  20190105_161207.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  19.5 KB
    Watch for Motorcycles

us
    BILL

Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    922 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    You found some shallow relics at a loaded site with a Tesoro.....so what....It would not even hit a 5 inch silver quarter in my sandbox.....
    it's more than obvious you don't know what your doing .....Mr basher
    Digger Max likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    26040 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My Cibola found a silver quarter at a foot once. You doing something wrong?

And BTW videos can be manipulated so easily by anyone, NEVER buy a machine based on a video!
    3cylbill and SanMan like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
    498 times
    calabash digger
    That's baloney,......

I have found buckets full of coins and jewelry with Tesoro machines.

Starting with the "Original Silver Sabre"

Oh, I have heard more than one tech say that the basis of many,many,
    machines is the original Silver Sabre circuit.

Tesoro was one of the Prominent Pioneers of modern metal detecting.
    3cylbill likes this.

us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    23632 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8544 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have an old conquistador with frequency shift. Long ago you would get interference from electrical lines. I hunted many cutovers that TVA had and could change frequency's if I got interference. Dug a lot of civil war relics with a tesoro. Some were very deep iron some were shallow buttons. The thing I liked it was light and you could swing really fast and cover a lot of ground and it pinpointed like no other. Granted I went back with the AT Pro on a lot of sites and picked up things I missed and again with an F-75 and got things the At Pro missed. The only thing I really like about the At Pro is I can dunk it in the creek. The F-75 is a chatter box in my opinion but a deeper machine. I will continue to scout with my ancient Tesoro because it tells me if I relics are there.
    It might take me an hour or two but I can go out in my yard after a rain with the Tesoro and can almost guarantee an enfield or 3 ringer. I always swear I have hunted it out but now my ummm flower beds produce on occasion! Lol
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Excallibur, Xp Deus, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Tesoro Bandido Umax, Makro Pulse Dive, Quest Scuba Dector, Makro Simplex
    338 times
    I only can give facts.I'm hunting in trashy places. Owning 2 xp Deus with different coils and one Equinox 800, 75% of my gold finds came from my Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. I rest my case.
    3cylbill and SanMan like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter67 View Post
    I only can give facts.I'm hunting in trashy places. Owning 2 xp Deus with different coils and one Equinox 800, 75% of my gold finds came from my Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. I rest my case.
    I have never met Peter.
    But I believe he is a decent and honest man.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI, EXCALIBUR
    7618 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I hunted 10 years with my Tesoro.... 6 months with my Nox and 6 months with my XP Deus. Which one should have found more gold?

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    I hunted 10 years with my Tesoro.... 6 months with my Nox and 6 months with my XP Deus. Which one should have found more gold?
    To be fair, hunt 9 years and 6 months more with the Nox and Deus.

Then re-post with how things balance out.

*There,........now you guys can thank me, he'll be gone for 9 1/2 years.
    calabash digger likes this.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Sponsored Links