CAN A NOKTA ANFIBIO HIT A 14 INCH SILVER DIME???

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you post thousands of threads promoting machines because??????. When someone calls you out you cant accept their thoughts on it. Ive hunted in iron I don't swing that fast no one does and why turn on iron audio when I use iron audio is only when I have a low vdi number and want to see if its iron or not for iffy signals when you go over iron you can tell by the vdi and the sound, iron audio doesn't get turned on when you know your over a lot of iron. That's silly that's like if you get a pop can signal and you know its a pop can then turn your volume all the way up!!!!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice video, thank you for sharing! :occasion14: Now, I need to buy another detector? :tongue3:

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Anfibo is impressive. I've been impressed with the Kruzer, but I would be very surprised if it could hit a 14 inch dime in my soil. I don't have that new coil (yet) - just the stock coil and the 7 inch concentric (awesome coil).

Do you think that's the coil, or more the machine?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you post thousands of threads promoting machines because you have nothing else to do. When someone calls you out you cant accept their thoughts on it. Ive hunted in iro I don't swing that fast no one does and why turn on iron audio when I use iron audio is only when I have a low vdi number and want to see if its iron or not fir iffy signals when you go over iron you can tell by the vdi and the sound, iron audio doesn't get turned when you know your over a lot of iron. Really!!!!!

Your speaking about a subject that you really dont understand IMO... WE RELIC HUNT and iron is our friend. You can have your opinion and that's fine but we are speaking from a experienced relic hunters perspective..

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Anfibo is impressive. I've been impressed with the Kruzer, but I would be very surprised if it could hit a 14 inch dime in my soil. I don't have that new coil (yet) - just the stock coil and the 7 inch concentric (awesome coil).

Do you think that's the coil, or more the machine?

I have no idea really ...Its deep with 9 inch concentric coil too.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea really ...Its deep with 9 inch concentric coil too.

My understanding is that the Anfibo is a Kruzer with a few more bells/whistles and a straight shaft.

I think I'll be burying a dime at 14 inches to see how the Kruzer fares (stock coil). At any rate, I see a new coil in my near future.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting ATMax video, thank you for sharing!

I wonder if the ATGold in all metal suffers the same fate? :dontknow: I will have to give it a try when time permits, but my gut feeling is yes.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash,
Please do the following in a video.

Get you some books or something/magazines and stack them beside some of your test garden targets.
Do so and actually measure coil height above ground for decent detection of targets.

Folks I don’t think realize how valuable coil height above ground is and still be a le to detect (respectable depth relics and coins). Would give folks an idea, granted your soil in milder.

Might be a let to use a paint stirrer broken off and shove in ground and sweep coil over and then lift out marking where it flushed top of ground and measure.

Folks maybe surprised at the actual coil height above ground.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash I hear you. I don't like iron for sure and I agree you are more experienced hunting in it. Every machine has its good and bad I love the max for coins and the hunting I do. Ive done well. My nox not as good on coins my friend also like the max better on coins but its Michigan soil a lot of Mineralization they all work different in different situations. Thanks for the post no bad blood cant post comparisons without some feedback. Good luck on your hunting. Tommy

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have both machines
I do when you do then post when you can compare and make an educated post lol

I have been around both.
Didn’t know it was a forum requirement to own a detector model to comment on it.
Maybe I missed somehow.

I have bought a few boxes of rice crispies though.
And to me the .max’s audio sounds a lot like the cereal when milk is poured over.
I report honestly my thoughts based on first hand accounts.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not a requirement but if your going to bash another detector youll get more credibility if you have had one lol Ive never had that problem but if that was your experience Im sorry to hear it. Great thread not trying to bash anyone just opinions and were all having fun and seeking some treasure. Good luck My friends. Tommy

Last edited:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay.
How does this sound.

A scenario.
Wonder if the only detector I had ever owned and run was an At Max.
And had never ever been around or owned s other.
Is it possible I would be none the wiser.
Meaning I think the Max’s audio sounds like the cat’s meow.

Sorta like if the only car I have ever driven is a Ford Pinto. (Do google search if you aren’t familar with)
I would never know how a Lincoln Continental rides or s Cadillac would I ??

So from a credibility standpoint, I have owned CTX 2 of them, Etrac 3 of them, Deus 3 of them, Makro Racer And Racer 2, Nokta relic, Detech chaser, Anfibio, MX sport, white’s v3i, aka signim mft, aka sorex, Fisher f75 both dst and non dst, Nokta core, Rutus Alter 71, gpx 4500, blisstool v6, Explorer XS.

So I have listened to a few different detectors.

Actually the At Max reminds me a lot of the Detech chaser with its audio.

Again I could care less about my credibility.
I am not in the tank for any manufacturer.

I have tested prerelease 2 detector models for a manufacturer.
Nokta Impact
Nokta Anfibio.

Last edited:

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
Guess I have to get an Anfibio if I'm gonna hunt in your testbed! Just let me know when I can come over. :) Will you use it over a Nox?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I've gotten a headache.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used